'People are going to die' - Doctors forced to choose who to save as Covid-19 third wave batters Gauteng

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
And fully automated systems cannot be programmed to perform tests in the way humans would or to get a desired kind of result?

No PCR test on it's own is of any use for diagnosis. It is an additional tool nothing more. It was never designed for diagnosis.
So they giving positive results on purpose?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Then why don't the mass vaccinate and use lockdowns to "control" TB the way they want to with C19? Why is there not the mass faux panic over it?

Because TB must thus not actually as serious as C19, because then we'd be chronically totally short of hospital beds like we are currently.

The Darkness

Expert Member
All of these deaths, and the continued suffering from harder lockdowns is ENTIRELY the fault of the ANC and their incompetent NCC. We should have vaccines rolling out en masse. All we are getting is blame, excuses, pointing fingers at the 'developed' World. Even Zimbabwe is ahead & even offering vaccine holidays.
This is completely unreal. When are South Africans going to stand up to this garbage? Why are we allowing our 'minister' of health to get away with looting public funds desperately needed?
I would like to know exactly how many politicians under 60 years old have been vaccinated? I bet you ALL of the ANC.

rambo919

Honorary Master
So they giving positive results on purpose?
The way the tests are set up.... positive results are a given whether there is current infection or not. PCR tests are not being used as they were designed to be used, it's basically mechanical homeopathy.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Because TB must thus not actually as serious as C19, because then we'd be chronically totally short of hospital beds like we are currently.
Compare this to current C19 figures

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
It's funny when people b*tch and moan about how government has to impose a lockdown on everyone - crying and saying they shouldn't limit their free movement etc etc but at the same time, people have a knack of not taking personal responsibility without the government intervening!

It's a simple solution - if you don't have to go out, then don't! Don't go have a braai at friends - don't go clubbing with your buddies, especially if you still stay with your parents. The list goes on...people should be able to look at this logically and say "I will stay at home and not do the social scene until the numbers are way down". Looking at the amount of people still hovering around the malls, this isn't happening...

I work in Pta West and was driving through Sunnyside yesterday and passed a local superette with a parking lot in front of it; multiple huddled groups of people standing around, close proximity, no masks. I don't think the locals here believe that this effects anyone but white people (seen that commented on by somebody else in these threads earlier this morning, and it definitely looks to be the case from what I observe driving to and from work).

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
The way the tests are set up.... positive results are a given whether there is current infection or not. PCR tests are not being used as they were designed to be used, it's basically mechanical homeopathy.
please explain to me how "positive tests are a given" on PCR

PCR is about replicating DNA or RNA, tagging it with a taq primer of which the flourometer can detect

If the virus is not there how does the PCR replicate, tag and fluoresce a positive signal?

rambo919

Honorary Master
please explain to me how "positive tests are a given" on PCR

PCR is about replicating DNA or RNA, tagging it with a taq primer of which the flourometer can detect

If the virus is not there how does the PCR replicate, tag and fluoresce a positive signal?
The virus leaves traces of itself even after destruction..... to teach the immune system how to fight it, these AV definitions are being picked up.

This is how an immune system functions.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
They should at least lock the borders of all provinces, for the upcomming school holidays. Contain the spreads in the hotspots......Well, probably too late for that, already, but might lower spread a bit.

rambo919

Honorary Master
agree, the new strain will be so powerfull you wont even be safe in your house
People are still being so fixated on droplets.... when actual spread happens via aerosol.

Masks being designed for droplets actually enhance aerosols. The only way to curb spread is ventilation..... just like TB.

Charlesjjm

My test was negative though...

rh1

Expert Member
I would never want to be in a position to make a choice like that. I would never be able to sleep again. Respect to those that have to do this daily.
Well, people own prejudices, whether it is young vs old, men vs women, white vs black, will definetly play a role in how they decide, oh before I forget, black against black.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
1.5 years to prepare for a full scale outbreak and yet still hopelessly unprepared. Seems nothing is taken seriously in SA not even death. Like wtf have you guys been doing all this time?

Isn't it more like 1.25 years?

rambo919

Honorary Master
Just a slightly worse flu [sic]
From what I hear it's flu with a wierd headache (probably just a tention headache from the panic) and more than usual trouble breathing. If you have any condition where you struggle with breathing already.... it's a larger pain for you than others.