'People are going to die' - Doctors forced to choose who to save as Covid-19 third wave batters Gauteng

rambo919

Honorary Master
7?

How many were murdered in the same period?
TB, Cancer, Diebetes, Flu, heart attacks, strokes, other natural causes
Crime, personal disputes, accidents, crazy people
ETC

It amazes me that people living in a country where so many more people die every year of so many other things.... fly into a panic because one new killer was introduced that still racks up rookie numbers in comparison.

Hospitals are not overflowing because of C19.... they have literally been overflowing for a friggin decade only no one was paying attention.

EDIT: come at me with 500,000 new deaths (where co morbidities were not already threatening the life of the deceased) a year in SA and I will start taking this garbage seriously.

Roger Banana

I think people are missing the fact that the hospital system (even private) may completely collapse in the long-term if we don't do a lockdown - medical personnel are humans too.

Craig_

Honorary Master
TB, Cancer, Diebetes, Flu, heart attacks, strokes, other natural causes
Crime, personal disputes, accidents, crazy people
ETC

It amazes me that people living in a country where so many more people die every year of so many other things.... fly into a panic because one new killer was introduced that still racks up rookie numbers in comparison.

Hospitals are not overflowing because of C19.... they have literally been overflowing for a friggin decade only no one was paying attention.

I haven't heard of any private hospitals overflowing until now. The big private hospital in mossel bay recently announced that they are full and any new patients will have to go somewhere else. Has this happened before?

Gyre

Expert Member
34913565.jpg

Imagine someone telling you that a disease that you have isn't real or it's just a different strand of flu. I'd love to hear how all these guys who think it is nothing to come and share their experiences later.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
The point remains the same. Where is the mass panic about XDR TB? Where are the lockdowns for XDR TB? Where is the "we are all going to diiiieeee" hysteria because the XDR TB problem is worsening?

Is XDR TB sweeping through the population and infecting millions in short order?

You point is actually completely misguided. TB sufferers aren't clogging up the hospital system and causing it to strain under the weight.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
A pity all the MyBB experts cannot drop their differences, get together and solve this issue that every other expert on the planet cannot solve.

Come on guys! You imagine yourselves as geniuses and experts in every field known to man. With your powers combined and your google fingers prepped, you can do it!

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Funny how everyone is now saying it's to late. But when there were suggestions that it needed to done weeks ago, those same people were ranting about the ANC and the economy...
Folks have forgotten what the reason was for level-5 lockdown in March 2020 and the zero-tolerance for Covid looting.

Trust the ANC at your own peril.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Just a slightly worse flu [sic]
Actually no, I'll say it again, all the complications people are having with COVID are the same you can have the flu. The difference is we don't act like paranoid androids over the flu, cause we used to wear big boy panties.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Is XDR TB sweeping through the population and infecting millions in short order?

You point is actually completely misguided. TB sufferers aren't clogging up the hospital system and causing it to strain under the weight.
Neither is C19.... this has been happening for a long time now. C19 was just the final push that's threatning to completely collapse the system that was already rotten.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
please explain to me how "positive tests are a given" on PCR

PCR is about replicating DNA or RNA, tagging it with a taq primer of which the flourometer can detect

If the virus is not there how does the PCR replicate, tag and fluoresce a positive signal?
You seem so in the know.

A PCR test will pick up traces of non-active virus replicate it 40 000 times in order to prove itself. That in any terms is a false positive.