People are panic buying out there!

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
I went out to get something to eat and came back with nothing.

The reason: They're not letting any more people into Shoprite and Pick 'n Pay here in Bellville CBD due to overcrowding inside with queues everywhere. I then thought, let me go to the pharmacy, nope. Queue going around the corner. **** that

I have never seen this in my life.

IMG_20200326_112904.jpgIMG_20200326_112759.jpgIMG_20200326_112924.jpg

McT

The Humble Scot!
It's everywhere like that. Even the tiny mall around the corner has queues everywhere.

Craig

Honorary Master
People are idiots. The shops will not be closing. I still need to drive to builders when my wife gets home to be some stuff to put tiles in (f'up incoming), something I've never done in my life. But that's it, no other shops.

Azg

Expert Member
People are idiots. The shops will not be closing. I still need to drive to builders when my wife gets home to be some stuff to put tiles in (f'up incoming), something I've never done in my life. But that's it, no other shops.
I think most people are worried about having to get past the SANDF & SAPS to get to the pharmacy or shops once the lockdown is in effect. Soldiers drunk with "national disaster" powers and probably some slightly intoxicating stuff, is not an experience I am looking forward to.

braailekker11

I think most people are worried about having to get past the SANDF & SAPS to get to the pharmacy or shops once the lockdown is in effect. Soldiers drunk with "national disaster" powers and probably some slightly intoxicating stuff, is not an experience I am looking forward to.
Exactly

Splinter

Honorary Master
Maybe we should have a more positive attitude, and view it as brave folks risking their lives, to patrol stupid people trying to avoid restrictions?

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
A close friend of ours passed away and will be buried on Saturday. His family is continuing with the preparations as if it's any normal day. Planning and preparing snacks and meals.

They're in for a very rude awakening.

FNfal

Executive Member
Yep the people have lost their minds today , they are queuing in hundred long lines .
Also went out and came back with nothing just bought all the cigarettes of my brand at the local shop .

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
Somerset West Main Rd is the same
i got a fright when i went down the road, turned around and went home instead

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
I'm just going to Tops and the tobacconist across from it then heading home.

Azg

Expert Member
A close friend of ours passed away and will be buried on Saturday. His family is continuing with the preparations as if it's any normal day. Planning and preparing snacks and meals.

They're in for a very rude awakening.
My condolences. This is a bad & stressful time for everyone without a funeral on top of that.

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
I have enough food to last until Saturday. After that I will be fasting. So my thinking is that by Sunday things will have calmed down.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
the shops wont be closing but most dont know whats in store for when it is lock down

also rather get the stuff now and stay indoors for a long time