'People laughed as robbers died' Good?

Leitmotif

Expert Member
Thanks. That's exactly the article I was referring to. My statement is reinstated.
You're welcome. Personally I was amazed that pepper spray and stun guns are illegal in the UK. Just shows how completely insane victim disarmament (aka gun control, aka 'taking weapons off our streets') can get.

That crossbow might be a good plan in the UK, but personally I prefer something I can wear out into the street. Then again, the UK government will probably ban bows and crossbows at some stage, in the name of 'tightening down against the onslaught of deadly weapons' or some such misleading soundbyte.

Edit: RichardP, so you'd consider hatred to your fellow sons and daughters to be a better response than contempt and relief that criminals got their just desserts?

Last edited:

RichardP

Banned

Koos Custodiet

RichardP said:
Cure the disease, dont treat the symptom
RichardP said:
That is the reason I left SA... Baricaded in my property, Electric fence,security bars/gates, alarm system, panic buttons, dogs, camera facing the driveway - and then the security gates inside the house.
Ah yes, the world famous Charles Nqakula cure for the disease...

RichardP said:
By Law you have to keep your gun in a safe
Go *read* the law and come back when you know what you're talking about.

HTH
HAND

Koos

RichardP

Banned
Ah yes, the world famous Charles Nqakula cure for the disease...

Go *read* the law and come back when you know what you're talking about.

HTH
HAND

Koos
Hi Koos,

I thank you for your input. It was of no value what-so-ever but I thank you.

Leitmotif

Expert Member
FCA Chapter 9 said:
(8) A person is guilty of an offence if he or she-
(a) fails to lock away his or her firearm or a firearm in his or her possession in a prescribed safe, strong-room or device for the safe-keeping when such firearm is not carried on his or her person or is not under his or her direct control; or
(b) loses a firearm, or is otherwise disposessed of a firearm owing to that person's failure to-
(i) lock the firearm away in a prescribed safe, strong-room or device for the safekeeping of a firearm;
(ii) take reasonable steps to prevent the loss or theft of the firearm while the firearm was on his or her person or under his or her direct control; or
(iii) keep the keys to such safe, strong-room or device in safe custody.
The relevant legalese on firearms and safes. However, I suspect what's got Koos' goat is that you've made statements earlier which display ignorance of the law and the rights of firearm owners, and yet here you are declaring what the law states.

Koos Custodiet

I suspect what's got Koos' goat is that you've made statements earlier which display ignorance of the law and the rights of firearm owners, and yet here you are declaring what the law states.
Specifically, the quote

RichardP said:
By Law you have to keep your gun in a safe - what point is that when you need it for protection!
That's only true if you quote the first half of the relevant paragraph out of context.

This is a soundbite I've heard often, from people repeating what other people told them, none of them having bothered to actually read the law.

Koos