People of colour welcome in Orania, if willing to assimilate

ponder

Honorary Master
https://www.enca.com/news/orania-says-black-people-can-live-there-if-they-assimilate

People of colour welcome in Orania, if willing to assimilate
ORANIA - The eNCA election bus is in Orania in the Northern Cape.

The team spoke to residents of the controversial town on their public position and what they expect from this year's elections.

Orania officially opened its doors in 1996.

Their public position is that the town is formed to preserve the Afrikaner culture.

In a previous interview with eNCA, Orania Movement spokesperson James Kemp said anyone who is willing to integrate into that -- regardless of skin colour -- will be welcome in Orania.

Orania Movement CEO Pieter Krige said the town is the realisation of an old idea.

"This started in 1947 when the South African Bureau of Race Relations realised we have this tumultuous history in South Africa of a diversity of people living together.

"Many times there were struggles and fights, what we realised [is] the Afrikaner is also part of this."

Read more...
https://www.enca.com/news/orania-says-black-people-can-live-there-if-they-assimilate

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
wait till Julius hears about this kak, these whitey bro's of mine are gonna go down in a blaze of glory :thumbsup:
What were they thinking ? :unsure: silly people

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
@Ockie looks like me and @Craig are safe. **** yeah!

Geagte Oranieers, ons is twee bruin ouens wat saam met 'n klomp wit ouens in julle dorpie wil kom makietie hou.

Hou asseblief die mampoer koud en die pampoenkoekies warm.

Ons bring Woolworths water sodat ons kan lekker hoergraad Afrikaans kan praat.

Ons kan nie ' n moer meer wag nie!!!

Amalgamate!

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
@Ockie looks like me and @Craig are safe. **** yeah!

Geagte Oranieers, ons is twee bruin ouens wat saam met 'n klomp wit ouens in julle dorpie wil kom makietie hou.

Hou asseblief die mampoer koud en die pampoenkoekies warm.

Ons bring Woolworths water sodat ons kan lekker hoergraad Afrikaans kan praat.

Ons kan nie ' n moer meer wag nie!!!

Amalgamate!
paint me brown, I'm coming with to support my Gatsby brothers from another mother !!!!!!!!!!!!!

airborne

Executive Member
If Orania allowed all races in, with the proviso that a person genuinely fully embraced the Afrikaans language and traditional way of life.... Delarey, Delarey x 20.... then I don't really see anything wrong with it.

But you'd legit have to become a Dutch man though, that would be the clandestine "wall" at Orania :D

That being said Orania isn't even representative of Afrikaaners, I don't know how many modern Afrikaaners would be able to live there and stay sane. Orania culture is a form of the traditional deeply religious Christian Afrikaaner farmer type dude, the kind of the guy that identifies more with being a Boer than an Afrikaner, which seems to be what Orania is really on about.

They mentioned that aspect in the video, about the Afrikaans people being designated as a nation on its own, which they also tried to achieve before the Boer wars, to get international recognition as a nation of people, like an ethnic group.

airborne

Executive Member
It seems there is a slight division in Afrikaners, originally the split was between Cape Afrikaners and Voortrekker Afrikaners and they didnt see eye to eye.

The Voortrekkers were the guys that tried to establish countries/nation-states in Transvaal and the Freestate and then fought against the British about it, lost and were totally pissed off about being robbed.

Different breed to the Cape Town Afrikaners chilling in idyllic Capetown on their Wine Estates far from the madness, while their distant cousins sweated and toiled, waging war in the bush in Transvaal/Orange Free State.

Does anyone know if there is there still a Cape vs Gauteng/up country split in the world of Afrikaans people?

Last edited: