People should not be able to request thread deletions.

Should people be able to request thread deletions?

• Total voters

Daruk

Honorary Master
Because it's always the entertaining ones that get killed.

Make your bed and lie in it.
How would POPI affect that. I wonder...
I imagine you can request that your account and all its content be deleted after POPI implementation.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Yes, my suggestion is [intentionally] as absurd as the OP's. There is no reason why a forum member should not be able to request that their thread be removed and just because the request is made it doesn't mean that it will be carried out.

WAslayer

Expert Member
Yes, my suggestion is [intentionally] as absurd as the OP's. There is no reason why a forum member should not be able to request that their thread be removed and just because the request is made it doesn't mean that it will be carried out.
I request that he be banned..!!!

Bye @Nick333

copacetic

King of the Hippies
People should not be able to request that people should not be able to request thread deletions.
Tell you what - two birds with one stone - Don't allow people to request thread deletions, and there will be no reason for people to request that people should not be allowed to request thread deletions.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Damn, I did quite a bit of spamming in this thread last night. I should be banned from this thread.

/press the self-banning service button

/Mod replies "please rate our convenient self-banning service in the following Poll.

/ 1

/ 2

/ 3

/ 4

/ 5

/ End of Poll

copacetic

King of the Hippies
In all seriousness, I understand your semantic point here, but all we see from our side are the ones that do get removed, and there are times, such as the one from last night, where I don't understand why it went.

It's irritating contributing to a thread, having a conversation, and then it just all vanishes into the void. I get it if it's a particular shitshow, but LD50's thread had turned into (from what I could see) just a bunch of mostly harmless banter.

Last edited:

Milano

Honorary Master
I very nearly made one last night with yes and no both as selectable options...
I chose both options all at the same time. But I read the poll as 'people should not be able to request thread deletions' and voted on that. Then I realised the poll question might actually be 'should people be able to request thread deletions?' (Nice question mark btw). Sorry but could you change the question to 'shouldn't people be able to request thread deletions?’ so that my existing vote is useful for data analysis?

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I chose both options all at the same time. But I read the poll as 'people should not be able to request thread deletions' and voted on that. Then I realised the poll question might actually be 'should people be able to request thread deletions?' (Nice question mark btw). Sorry but could you change the question to 'shouldn't people be able to request thread deletions?’ so that my existing vote is useful for data analysis?
I sort of added it as a joke after you commented, and how now further compounded matters by selecting yes accidentally myself, where I ought to have selected no. Also, you can't edit polls, as far as I can see.

So, rather fittingly, this poll is about as useful as the thread from last night. :laugh:

Milano

Honorary Master
I sort of added it as a joke after you commented, and how now further compounded matters by selecting yes accidentally myself, where I ought to have selected no. Also, you can't edit polls, as far as I can see.

So, rather fittingly, this poll is about as useful as the thread from last night. :laugh:
Yup love the poll, only following in the tradition of last night :p Which reminds me this thread must be a bit of mindfsck for anyone not online last night o_O

RedViking

Nord of the South
In all seriousness, I understand your semantic point here, but all we see from our side are the ones that do get removed, and there are times, such as the one from last night, where I don't understand why it went.

It's irritating contributing to a thread, having a conversation, and then it just all vanishes into the void. I get it if it's a particular shitshow, but LD50's thread had turned into (from what I could see) just a bunch of mostly harmless banter.
There are worse things in life to worry about.

Milano

Honorary Master
Does your week begin on a Sunday or a Monday?
My week begins Friday. Aaargh same damn mistake as last time.. I'm trying too hard not to be a pussy again. This time I'm flying under the radar. Put everything on 3.