[Personal Experiences] Hisense TV's

ziyaad.jak

Hi there,

I've just bought a Hisense, planning on using it with a Vesa mount. The Vesa spec for the TV is Vesa 800x400, and no one seems to stock mounts for this size. I tried Makro, Takelot, Stax/Sounds Great etc.

Has anyone been able to get a mount for this spec?
Just get the Ellies mount - the specs of the mount are misleading - it should be considered as an adjustable range of possible dimensions. So for example, on the Ellies mount (don't know if this holds true for other mounts) but specs are 200x400 or 300x600 so anything between 200-600 like 300 x 500.

wernervn

Just get the Ellies mount - the specs of the mount are misleading - it should be considered as an adjustable range of possible dimensions. So for example, on the Ellies mount (don't know if this holds true for other mounts) but specs are 200x400 or 300x600 so anything between 200-600 like 300 x 500.
Thanks. I'd phoned Stax Centurion yesterday and they said they didn't have anything like that, then a salesman at another branch told me Centurion DOES have stock, they just don't know what to look for. I drove there with the part number and bought it just now

wernervn

You need to be specific on the Hisense you've bought. I've had 3 and they've all fitted vesa mounts.
The model number is 85A7500WF. It requires a Vesa 800x400 capable mount. Managed to get an Ellies mount at Stax/Sounds Great

robertl

Hi all, if the quality/features of the new models U6G/U7G/U8G do not match up to those available in the USA,
how do the older models U7QF/U8UF match up in quality/feature wise to those available else where.
Thanks

wimsza

We have owned a number of HiSense TV's and believe that the mid range products offers exceptional value. However, if you buy it from Take-a-Lot be prepared to suffer A Lot of Pain when things go wrong.

Oct 2017 Bought Hisense 50" Smart UHD HDR PLUS LED TV 50M5010UW - faulty in 2020 and took 4 months to resolve

Feb 2018 Bought Hisense 55" Smart ULED FLAT TV 55M7000UWG - currently faulty and already 1 month - unrepairable

2019 Hisense 50" Smart UHD HDR PLUS LED TV 50M5010UW

May 2020 Hisense 40" FHD TV with Digital Tuner for guest room - not great as no LAN/WiFi and does not work well with Android TV box

June 2020 Hisense 55" Premium ULED with Quantom Dot 55Q8600 - replacement of 50M5010UW (bought Oct 2017)

Other than the pain of faulty units my only other gripe is that Vidaa is extremely limited and updates are difficult to come by.

Yet, we will replace the faulty 55M7000UWG with another 55" Hisense unit.

stefan9

Executive Member
What are the options to get Amazon prime and Disney plus on the apps. Opera store doesn't have them and there is no upgrade firmware.

Is my best option getting an android box?

acp

A TV box (Apple or Android) should be considered as default when budgeting for a Hisense TV.
Our last 2 Hisense TVs were purchased and bundled with Mi Boxes from day 1. Only time I would turn on WiFi on the TV is for (buggy) firmware update. Rest of the time it's the box and only the box.

StoneCold

Expert Member
I see the new Hisense 2021 TV models are starting to trickle in slowly on the local Hisense site (https://hisense.co.za/tv/)

Some of them only have "Coming Soon" for their details, but there are a few that already have specs up. Quite a few HDMI 2.1 models as well.

FoxFire675

I see the new Hisense 2021 TV models are starting to trickle in slowly on the local Hisense site (https://hisense.co.za/tv/)

Some of them only have "Coming Soon" for their details, but there are a few that already have specs up. Quite a few HDMI 2.1 models as well.
Besides the 8K model, the only HDMI 2.1 features they offer are ALLM and eARC. They say VRR but have an asterisk next to it with no full explanation for the U7G. The panel is 60zh so VRR up to 60hz? The spec sheet of the U8G says its supports a max of 4K@60hz. So VRR at lowers res then? Maybe someone will but of of these and test it out.

fmarx1

Hi guys.

I'm loving the U7WF I bought a while ago. Motion handling could be better though, but I've settled on some manual settings that at least remove the judder. There's also a small area of the screen in the bottom left the gets a bit brighter than the rest in some scenes.

One thing I can't figure out though, is how to connect speakers via the 3.5mm jack. The specs says that it has a headphone jack, but the only headphone jack on the TV is labelled "service". Plugging the 3.5mm jack into it has no effect on the TV sound at all. Under Settings -> Sound, the headphones settings are not available, and none of the other selectable audio sources have anything to do with headphones (TV speakers, ARC, SPDIF and BT Soundbar).

epah

Expert Member
Hi guys.

I'm loving the U7WF I bought a while ago. Motion handling could be better though, but I've settled on some manual settings that at least remove the judder. There's also a small area of the screen in the bottom left the gets a bit brighter than the rest in some scenes.

One thing I can't figure out though, is how to connect speakers via the 3.5mm jack. The specs says that it has a headphone jack, but the only headphone jack on the TV is labelled "service". Plugging the 3.5mm jack into it has no effect on the TV sound at all. Under Settings -> Sound, the headphones settings are not available, and none of the other selectable audio sources have anything to do with headphones (TV speakers, ARC, SPDIF and BT Soundbar).

Why don’t you just use just use optical or hdmi cable, or do your speakers only have jack?

fmarx1

Why don’t you just use just use optical or hdmi cable, or do your speakers only have jack?
They only have a 3.5mm jack sadly. Relatively old speakers meant to be used with a PC (Creative A320). But they sound pretty great, even after 8 years or so.

epah

Expert Member
They only have a 3.5mm jack sadly. Relatively old speakers meant to be used with a PC (Creative A320). But they sound pretty great, even after 8 years or so.

Ahh damn. But I am sure you can find adapters on takealot for cheap. Just need to have a look.

80632f9cbb51c725f6ebf4ee68101f32.jpg

fmarx1

Ahh damn. But I am sure you can find adapters on takealot for cheap. Just need to have a look.

80632f9cbb51c725f6ebf4ee68101f32.jpg
Thanks. I'll just plug it into my Mi Box for now. It'll work for most of my content except movies that use Dolby Vision (which the Mi Box doesn't do as far as I know).

fmarx1

Another thing. I've noticed that the motion smoothing gets a lot better when I am playing content from other sources than the TV's built-in apps or from a memory stick plugged directly into the TV. I guess the TV struggles to do both media decoding and motion smoothing effectively at the same time