[Personal Experiences] Hisense TV's

Saba'a

Executive Member
Picture wise they're great, its when it comes to the software that they start feeling a bit kuk. I got the 55B7100 and the Netflix kept bombing out, and I had this weird issue of youtube video sound going out of sync while watching videos. Anyways I got fed up and gave it to my grandparents for their DSTV watching and got myself the LG 49UM7340 which is light-years ahead of the Hisense IMO.
I watch netflix on the 65A6500UW ... no hassles at all.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Maybe check the supported wifi bands in the 2.4ghz range?

Failing that I would suggest doing a hard reset on both the router(assuming you have login details for isp etc) and the TV then try again.
Also check if ssid hidden?

Last edited:

captainbroadband

I'm curious if HiSense TV's are worth the money... I mean don't they come with what would seem like a lot of issues? I read a lot of mixed reports online so I am asking...

What models are really worth it?

In my experience, great picture and amazing value. But also, it supports more file types and codecs than some Samsung TVs.

Jakes147

Expert Member
So I've had an interesting period with my tv over the last 2+ months. In April my 65"u7a started showing vertical lines across the screen which looked like the individual backlights turning off randomly until all of them stopped. Restart tv and it all starts all over again.

Sent the tv in for repairs, 4 weeks later get it back, set it up on the wall and half hour later same issue. Sent it back next day, 4 weeks later they return the tv saying they can't fix it and I must take it back to makro for credit.

OK so with the issues experienced with hisense I decide I will rather try LG, and I get the sm810. Got home, set it up on the wall and 30 minutes later the screen turns off, and then nothing... Phone lg support and they say take it back asap. So I pack it up, take it back to makro and get another sm810. I must say I love the webos interface.

OK so I installed the new TV, and when I started watching the first movie the light bleeding was just horrible. Tried changing just about every setting and still it looked crap. Accepting defeat, I box it up and back to makro for another exchange.

I really wanted the q8600 but I don't think makro sells it so had to settle for the B8000.

In the end I'm so glad the lg's crapped out on me because this is so much better. The interface is not as nice as LG, but I didnt buy a TV to watch menus. Let's hope this tv last a bit longer than the previous ones.

Apogee

Also check of ssid hidden?

Did all of the things suggested already, but it still does not pick it up, and no, the SSID is not hidden.

As I said, no other device has any problem at all connecting to the network.

The router is a Zyxel model and is just about 10 metres away, but has to go through about 4 walls before it reaches the TV.

FoxFire675

I see Hisense has a new ULED TV on their SA website namely the U7WF. Seems to have a lower peak brightness and no Quantum dot layer as per the specs when compared to the B8000. Wonder what their gonna price this at.

FoxFire675

Hi @FoxFire675

The U7WF will replace the B8000UW.
It has the same specs - The B8000UW was never Quantum dot.
They both peak at 700 nits.

Ah yes, my bad, in my head I was thinking of the H8G that launched overseas that has the new quantum dot layer over the H8F.
On the Specs page of the U7WF it said maximum brightness of white to be 420nits. It is going to be higher?
Also, they dont mention anything about the number of local dimming zones. Would you know what hardware/panel differences this has over the B8000?

AllIncluded

Ah yes, my bad, in my head I was thinking of the H8G that launched overseas that has the new quantum dot layer over the H8F.
On the Specs page of the U7WF it said maximum brightness of white to be 420nits. It is going to be higher?
Also, they dont mention anything about the number of local dimming zones. Would you know what hardware/panel differences this has over the B8000?
I have just received feedback that it will peak at 600 nits.
Local Dimming Zones: 65" = 90, 55" = 72

Last edited:

maqs

anyone have feedback or experience with the 32 inch Hisense TV's?
in the market for a 32 and deciding between cheaper Hisense or pricier Samsung

Damac10

I have a 55b7100. So far no problems great picture..However I hate the lack of Android tv os....I know 50 and 58b7200 have android. Any idea which new models will have android os in 2020

ryanmac

Hi all,

Anyone have any issues on their he55a6100uwts model after doing an upgrade to version VA002.01.00a.K0323?

Youtube, Showmax and Netflix ran flawlessly before the update. Now the videos sometimes don't load on Youtube and when watching Showmax the program will freeze and search for network. Router hasn't changed and does the same thing on different networks.

Snowflekkie

Hi I have an issue with youtube stopped working on my hisense 50K390PAD - if i download the normal youtube it is super slow and the youtube for google tv doesnt want to open? Any ideas?

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Ooh, a new firmware is available for the 65A6500UW.

Will let you guys know what changed and or is fixed IMG_20200628_041656.jpg