Petrol price decrease expected for November

Superjakes

Expert Member
"big" - i was expecting over R1
This is like confusing centimetres and inches "big". "Double digit decrease" Just listen to it in your mind with the voice that brought us "Skop, skieeet en donnoooor" on ETV years ago.

R13...

Honorary Master
And then it goes up in December like it does every year.
/s

Shadowchaser1

Ex cit. So if I understand it correctly you are going to save R 13-50 cheaper if you have a car with a 50L tank, with the decrease. HTH is that a huge saving. A huge saving is anything from R 1-50 to R 3-50 per liter. Really 27c is huge? What can you buy for R 13-50 in SA these days?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Ex cit. So if I understand it correctly you are going to save R 13-50 cheaper if you have a car with a 50L tank, with the decrease. HTH is that a huge saving. A huge saving is anything from R 1-50 to R 3-50 per liter. Really 27c is huge? What can you buy for R 13-50 in SA these days?
About a litre of petrol

Lukitz

What can you buy for R 13-50 in SA these days?
chappies_t9jlej.jpg

cr@zydude

Executive Member
this doesn't make a big difference to my 230 kms to 45 litre situation

Do you drive a Hummer?

Very big decrease indeed. Wonder what December will bring.

It's early days but oil prices are down and US petrol futures are declining fast. Singapore and Mediterranean petrol will probably follow soon enough, they are used to set the SA petrol prices.

Mekon

Expert Member
So groceries will be cheaper as well right, right?
Haha........no. That's not how retail works in this country.

How it works:
Petrol price increase announced = Hike food prices even though the price of fuel has not gone up yet because aw shame poor suffering food retailers.
Petrol price increase = Hike food prices because, aw us poor food retailers we have it so bad.
Petrol price decreases = crickets
decrease packaging size but charge the same price = Ok this is done by food manufacturers. I recall when buddy 500ml bottles went from 500ml to 440 ml, Amalgamated beverages excuse was it costs the same, there is no price difference. so why make the bottles smaller? Greed that's why.

I was in the food manufacturing and retail industry for a few years (manufacture and packaging solutions) and they put profit above everything. This is why I will not touch processed meat or use margarine or "spread" as most of that crap which are chemistry experiments are now called.

Mekon

Expert Member
HUUUUGE! This petrol price thing has actually become a MyBB running joke now hasn't it?
It has, just wait till petrol decreases a rand or more, then they unleash HUUUUUGE!! which is huger than HUUUUGE!

ConfusedR

Expert Member
Once again, instead of decreasing the price, rather take the money and use it for the highway improvements and scrap e-toll.....only for Gauteng.
But no, the stupid, pathetic ANC will rather create legislation to fine people not paying e-toll....AARTO.
Because with e-toll, it will be easier to steal the money and build more firepools, etc.