Petrol price increase was wrong, energy dept admits

rvZA

Honorary Master
While the petrol price still went up on Wednesday, it was by 75c per litre, and not 81c as the department of mineral resources and energy (DMRE) incorrectly stated this week.

"The 6 cents difference is due to the fact that the adjustment of wages for service station workers had already been implemented in September 2021," the department said in a statement on Wednesday morning.

"Although it is for the very first time that such an error has occurred in the history of basic fuel price determination in South Africa, the DMRE profusely apologises for the inconvenience caused. The rest of the fuel prices are correct."

Diesel went up 72.5c a litre (0.05% sulphur) and 74.5c (0.005% sulphur).

Illuminating paraffin went up by 42.2c/l, while the maximum LPGas retail price increased by 183.00c/kg from Wednesday.

Last edited:

rvZA

Honorary Master
"Although it is for the very first time that such an error has occurred in the history of basic fuel price determination in South Africa........."

A lot of firsts for the ANC....

First time all SOEs going bankrupt
First time the country saw a corrupt president draining the fiscus
First time SA sees a total economic collapse
First time SA sees such high unemployment figures

The list just goes on and on and on.....

eg2505

Honorary Master
so what now? we all get refunds for paying the "higher" price?

Reactions: ES1

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
How many times have they done this before but not admitted it :whistling:

Probably never because there were many eyes on the data and everyone could work out the figures themselves, but of course within short order of them making the data unavailable, they fsck it up.... Strange that.

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
A lot of firsts for the ANC....

First time all SOEs going bankrupt
First time the country saw a corrupt president draining the fiscus
First time SA sees a total economic collapse
First time SA sees such high unemployment figures

The list just goes on and on and on.....

a list of good stories to tell

Viva a better life for all! Viva!
/s

cr@zydude

Honorary Master
Probably never because there were many eyes on the data and everyone could work out the figures themselves, but of course within short order of them making the data unavailable, they fsck it up.... Strange that.

I'm not liking this North Korea style turn at the DMRE.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
And in other news petrol station attendants goes on strike for that extra 6c...

• Haha

ToxicBunny

I'm not liking this North Korea style turn at the DMRE.

Uncle Gweezy can't have the public knowing things, it fscks with his retirement fund plans you know...

So he'll do what any right thinking communist retard does, and just stop the flow of info.

cr@zydude

Honorary Master
Uncle Gweezy can't have the public knowing things, it fscks with his retirement fund plans you know...

So he'll do what any right thinking communist retard does, and just stop the flow of info.

It's so stupid to stop the public daily release.

I now have to pull fuel prices and shipping costs from multiple sources just to get close to estimating fuel prices changes.

The daily release was simple to use and a public version of the official numbers.

ToxicBunny

It's so stupid to stop the public daily release.

I now have to pull fuel prices and shipping costs from multiple sources just to get close to estimating fuel prices changes.

The daily release was simple to use and a public version of the official numbers.

And thats why you can't have the data... it was too easy for you to fact check DMRE...

I would expect more "problems" going forward where they will just mysteriously get the number wrong by a few cents each time.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Petrol price increase was wrong, energy dept admits, but we'll get you next month.

thehuman

Expert Member
Was the pumps adjusted to the correct price last night ? Or did some motorists paid wrong price.