Petrol price to rise by 43c/l

Omac

Expert Member
Just a note for you diesel thirsty monster drivers (and other diesel users). Find yourselve a diesel depot. At the mo, I pay 46c a liter less than at my local service sta. Diesel is not regulated in terms of price.

If you're in KZN - there's one in Jacobs, Archery rd. Theres one next to the Engen one stop in Mooi River (about 55c a liter cheaper). These also one for travellers just off the highway at Harrismith.

Still, now it's going to be 52c a liter more. :mad:

Last edited:

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
well ya since they have all the oil under their control i think it's pretty much their fault. they are the only ones benefitting from the ridiculously high oil prices.
With those big gas guzzlers they're used to they're suffering too. :eek:

How much of the petrol price goes to the government here? 30%? Going to blame another country for that too?
And you can't stay at home running your generator during load-shedding either...
Why not? :confused: is the nation out of gas? :eek:

I earn money while the thing is running . . .
Yeah, America is to blame and has all the cheap gas too.

Gas buddy
If in doubt blame Jersey - thats what I always say :p :D

PeterCH

Honorary Master
are you fing kidding me? this is f*****g ridiculous! how much more of our money is america going to suck out of us!!!? the flippin oil price rises every bloody day(and opec doesn't give a ****) and as a result, we have to pay a sh1tload extra for petrol. we should bloody boycott this crap. they make so much money already, but it's never enough for them. they always want more. :mad:
This is OPEC driving up the prices. OPEC is a cartel, they fix prices
arcross their region, sort of like the bread price fix thing we had here.
OPEC should die.

BTTB

The truth is everyone is to blame. :cool:

1. Us, for not using alternative methods of Transport other than Petrol Driven Cars.
2. America, because the greedy Traders have pressed The Fed into dropping Interest Rates so that their Market doesn't crash, but The US Dollar is weakening as a result, lifting the Dollar Price of Crude Oil.
3. Greedy OPEC Nations, capitalising on the weak US Dollar and Crude Stock Levels, levels which I think they make up as they go along to either lift or drop the price as they manipulate long or short positions.
4. Our Government, for adding more taxes and levies on Petrol every year, for more years than I can remember. (10c may not seem much, but add 10c to the equation in every years Budget - you do the Maths)
5. General Motors for killing The Electric Car. See Who Killed the Electric Car?
6. Cutting the lawn with a Petrol Weed-eater instead of keeping a couple of goats or cows in your backyard. :D
7. The last point was a joke, but one can add quite a few more reasons to this list.

Last edited:

Nokkie

Executive Member
looking at crude oil these day's u think they gonna hit 125$ barrel mark by next Feb to march. the only thing keeping the prices down is market inflation adjustments... hek if the Dow drops further below the 12990 mark, we gonna see lots of price hikes in the new year...

Russian

I heard that @ sasol the cost to produce petrol is about R1.50 /L
Ok, that is before they add their proffit.
So lets say they make 100% proffit, that would give R3 /L

The rest is taxes and leavies like the RAF

Local fuel is cheaper, but the price is fixed by gov.

Best all of us can do is skip all the International feuling stations and only use local garage firms. That way any money they make would stay in the country and would strengthen the Rand, which in turn would lower the price on the extra oil we have to import to make feul. :eek:

So use Sasol & Engen & Exel

SKIP Shell, Total & BP

That is the only way we can make a diffrence in the price we pay on feul exept if someone has a better plan? :confused: :confused:

Gnome

Executive Member
I heard that @ sasol the cost to produce petrol is about R1.50 /L
Ok, that is before they add their proffit.
So lets say they make 100% proffit, that would give R3 /L

The rest is taxes and leavies like the RAF

Local fuel is cheaper, but the price is fixed by gov.

Best all of us can do is skip all the International feuling stations and only use local garage firms. That way any money they make would stay in the country and would strengthen the Rand, which in turn would lower the price on the extra oil we have to import to make feul. :eek:

So use Sasol & Engen & Exel

SKIP Shell, Total & BP

That is the only way we can make a diffrence in the price we pay on feul exept if someone has a better plan? :confused: :confused:
That idea has been brought forth by people before, it won't work for several reason:

First SA doesn't produce enough oil to fill our need, so regardless of what petrol station you fill up at you end up buying petrol from overseas.

Secondly filling stations make their money from the store not the fuel they sell.

Thirdly even if every single person in SA agreed to boycott those fuel stations it would have no impact on the global oil price, where just a blimp on the scope of the grand scheme of things VS. the rest of the world.

The worst that might happen is you'll force a few petrol station to change their name from BP to Sasol, etc. and you have a monopoly on fuel stations.

The idea that boycotting a certain fuel station will have a impact on the petrol price is ridicules.

wcoetzee

Expert Member
well ya since they have all the oil under their control i think it's pretty much their fault. they are the only ones benefitting from the ridiculously high oil prices.
N0 they are not, where did you read that?
Petrol is even more expensive over there.

Russian

That idea has been brought forth by people before, it won't work for several reason:

First SA doesn't produce enough oil to fill our need, so regardless of what petrol station you fill up at you end up buying petrol from overseas.
We end up buying from overseas yes, but it would be better if we could empty the local reserves first then use the international feul. Well thing don`t allways work out the way you would like it to be, lots of pl don't read these threads and more than half that do read won't do any thing about it.

Thirdly even if every single person in SA agreed to boycott those fuel stations it would have no impact on the global oil price, where just a blimp on the scope of the grand scheme of things VS. the rest of the world.
I did not say/mean it would change the global oil price, but it would change the price SA importers pay since the rand would strengthen.
Importers are paying in dollars, and with the rand stronger against the doller, the price would be less.

But keep in mind that the change would not be that mutch.
SA people should use more local products all over, wether it is feul or toys.

There is no way we would be able to boycott all stations as we do need feul, and even if u try to boycott you will always be in a possition were you do not have a choice, because of no other stations available at that moment.

Basically gov needs to reduce their leavies and tax on feul or at least more eco friendly feuls, so that we can at least move to more eco friendly enviroment, ok but that is a nother story.

SA must stand together to make a proper difference, we must keep the money we spend in SA

BCO

Honorary Master
Anyone want an electric bicycle, gimme a call. :p

TiredOfWaiting

Expert Member
Just a note for you diesel thirsty monster drivers (and other diesel users). Find yourselve a diesel depot. At the mo, I pay 46c a liter less than at my local service sta. Diesel is not regulated in terms of price.

If you're in KZN - there's one in Jacobs, Archery rd. Theres one next to the Engen one stop in Mooi River (about 55c a liter cheaper). These also one for travellers just off the highway at Harrismith.

Still, now it's going to be 52c a liter more. :mad:
But that's just regular diesel, right? What about LSD (Low-Sulphur Diesel)? :confused:

The dealership that sold my car to me insists that I should only use LSD, except in emergencies, in which case a tank of regular here and there shouldn't make a difference... :sick: