Phishing: half of PC users don't recognise scams

Macethy

I've luckily never gotten a phishing email or scam so I wouldn't know how legit they look, but do people really believe these things that come to their mailboxes? Do they really look that authentic?

OMB

Mountain Man
I've luckily never gotten a phishing email or scam so I wouldn't know how legit they look, but do people really believe these things that come to their mailboxes? Do they really look that authentic?

yep, and they're becoming very sophisticated

entrepr

Expert Member
Most of mine come from ABSA - a no-brainer since I don't bank there. Of course, if I was stupid enough to open even one I would be a really model victim.

Some come from SARS - hard to detect but one can get their messages on the website so no need to open any of these.

I got a mail yesterday which I actually can't tell if it's genuine or not as the domain is correct. If it is genuine, the financial institution should be wrapped for sending stupid mails - thereby encouraging phishing.

NomNom

Executive Member
tumblr_m9nto4I21n1qiz7oa.jpg

j4ck455

Executive Member

Are you absolutely sure you have never ever received a phishing email?

Here is one of the less authentic ones that I receive on a regular basis, I find it's easier to have a filter that auto-deletes any email claiming to be from ABSA and other banks I don't bank with.

attachment.php

House

Banned

Now I am starting to wonder if you are not part of the 50% the article is referring to.....