Phone backup to Google Drive

Digitaluser

I have set up my Xiaomi phone for backup to Google Drive but it does not show in the Google Drive on my PC . Anybody else having this issue :confused:

ODTech

I have set up my Xiaomi phone for backup to Google Drive but it does not show in the Google Drive on my PC . Anybody else having this issue :confused:
The backups arn't visible. I've tried to extract a contact backup with no success. You have to restore to or via a mobile device.

Shellyb1

Expert Member
Would recommend using IFTTT if you aren't successful.

You get a few recipes that allow you to update contacts to a spreadsheet or Google drive account. You can also set it to upload photos.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Hi Hamish - I set it up in Additional settings - Backup & reset - Backup my data: ON
It will typically backup your phone contacts into your Google contacts, your phone calender into your Google calendar, not into Google drive per se.

If you have the Google photos app installed it will do videos and photos if you configure it.

What particular data are you looking for on your Google account?

Digitaluser

It will typically backup your phone contacts into your Google contacts, your phone calender into your Google calendar, not into Google drive per se.

If you have the Google photos app installed it will do videos and photos if you configure it.

What particular data are you looking for on your Google account?
Hi - Yes all the above is backed up but my tablet shows on Google drive (Clicked on cloud icon) but my phone does not !

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Hi - Yes all the above is backed up but my tablet shows on Google drive (Clicked on cloud icon) but my phone does not !
On Google drive, my phone sjows the data is basically apps, call history and device settings. Total data is maybe 1 or 2 mb

What tablet do you have?

Digitaluser

On Google drive, my phone sjows the data is basically apps, call history and device settings. Total data is maybe 1 or 2 mb

What tablet do you have?
Hi Hamish - My phone syncs all the important data and all the apps work 100% - so I think I need to be happy with that - thanks for your interest - Regards