Pick n Pay’s plan to save itself

WW is slowly transitioning to garbage products, if they keep on this path there's a gap in the market on the top end that's going to appear.

You'd have thought by now they'd have thought about partnering with Standard Bank for Ucount rewards, FNB eBucks etc probably only way of retaining customers besides the shopper card

I hope they can succeed. It is a South African institution. Certainly their store in Constantia Village thrives. Trouble is that most of the customers who visit this store are well-off and do not need to shop around

But their prices are not as good as competing stores. Just down the road is the Checkers Emporium. Spacious store, well stocked and overall, food costs less

They just need to upgrade their stores offer more products and have better specials than Checkers. People normally vote with their wallets... Good product good prices = Success.

They just need to upgrade their stores offer more products and have better specials than Checkers. People normally vote with their wallets... Good product good prices = Success.
Our local Pnp has been upgraded but now it's much more expensive. We used to buy our monthly groceries there but since about November last year we buy mostly from Checkers.

I' go to the Pnp when they have specials that are better than Checkers.

Get rid of your rude, untidy and useless staff.
That is just a part of a problem. If management is piss poor that it can't foster the kind of work ethos and culture among its staff, then it deserves that kind of staff.

Almost all their frozen stuff, their pies aren't as good as they used to be also, their rolls have and bread have also gone down in quality.
That is their other problem. I used to love their vegetables as well. Now their quality is horrible.

Our local Pnp has been upgraded but now it's much more expensive. We used to buy our monthly groceries there but since about November last year we buy mostly from Checkers.

I' go to the Pnp when they have specials that are better than Checkers.
I regard this as their main downfall, they placed themselves at the top end forgetting that they really were no different to the other supermarkets. It worked for a while but was bound to fail. They forgot about market research and their competition on top of being arrogant thinking they were untouchable and will remain so forever.

Last edited:
Pick 'n Pay's Ackerman Family Kissing Their Stake Goobye

Back