Pick n Pay Black Friday sale launched

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Pick n Pay Black Friday sale launched

Pick n Pay has launched its Black Friday sale, offering up to 50% off hundreds of products over the next two weeks.

These specials include daily deals that run until 26 November, Smart Price deals that run until 29 November, and Extended Black Friday deals that will run until 6 December.

eg2505

Honorary Master
plastic Kettle for R100, and you call that BF?
id take a look if it was glass or aluminum, but Cr@ppy plastic, come on try harder PNP.

skusku

"50% off hundreds of products"

That catalogue only has a few items on, definitely less than a 100. Where's the rest?

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
#AllMilksMatters

Where da **** is our UHT milk South Africa? Come on guys, theres always long life milk available on special every year on Black Friday. What happened this year? Mad cow flu ?

The_Donkey

Honorary Master
Is anyone else on the cremora hype train?
We recently moved onto it for our coffee. That's a good deal actually if you consider Spar sells a box for R39.99 :thumbsup:

Our fridge broke so we had no means to refrigerate the 1 litres of milk once it has been opened. So the wife suggested we buy Cremora for coffee and only use boxes of milk for cereal. After breakfast a 1 litre of milk is usually finished so we can toss away the empty box.

Pineapple Smurf

We recently moved onto it for our coffee. That's a good deal actually if you consider Spar sells a box for R39.99 :thumbsup:

Our fridge broke so we had no means to refrigerate the 1 litres of milk once it has been opened. So the wife suggested we buy Cremora for coffee and only use boxes of milk for cereal. After breakfast a 1 litre of milk is usually finished so we can toss away the empty box.
You buy beer powder as well now? Or do you drink your morning beers so fast there's no time for them to get warm?

The_Donkey

Honorary Master
You buy beer powder as well now? Or do you drink your morning beers so fast there's no time for them to get warm?
We still have a chest freezer, you know. When I'm halfway with one quart, the next one goes into the freezer. That way I cannot forget to take it out once the half one is done.

Pineapple Smurf

I was in Pick n Pay this morning at 9am and it looked quieter than a normal work day.
This Black Friday stuff is rubbish

eg2505

Honorary Master
I was in Pick n Pay this morning at 9am and it looked quieter than a normal work day.
This Black Friday stuff is rubbish
all marketing hype, nothing of any substance,

dont they realise we in survival mode still, nobody going to be interested in 20% or even 50% off.

unless your swimming in money as a developer, and use R100 bills in the Bathroom.

newklear

Expert Member
plastic Kettle for R100, and you call that BF?
id take a look if it was glass or aluminum, but Cr@ppy plastic, come on try harder PNP.
That Kettle is a steal at R95, I paid R99 for it last year!

Agreed though, much BF hype, but retailers fail to deliver! I'd rather continue to use R100 bills in the bathroom than get excited over BF specials.

eg2505

Honorary Master
That Kettle is a steal at R95, I paid R99 for it last year!

Agreed though, much BF hype, but retailers fail to deliver! I'd rather continue to use R100 bills in the bathroom than get excited over BF specials.
lol, I think they just put something down for BF sake, without meaning to actually do decent deals,

its just another name for the pathetic discounts most days, like 20% off,

newklear

Expert Member
lol, I think they just put something down for BF sake, without meaning to actually do decent deals,

its just another name for the pathetic discounts most days, like 20% off,

The major difference between Overseas and Local BF specials is; Locally, they are mostly trying to get rid of old stock and act like they are doing you a favour in the process. That plastic kettle is a prime example.

Overseas, they are offering newer products at reduced rates for entry market interest garner and think they are doing you a favor!

eg2505

Honorary Master
The major difference between Overseas and Local BF specials is; Locally, they are mostly trying to get rid of old stock and act like they are doing you a favour in the process. That plastic kettle is a prime example.

Overseas, they are offering newer products at reduced rates for entry market interest garner and think they are doing you a favor!
Id think the opposite is true at least overseas,

get rid of old stock for all the newer stock they getting in, so you can pick up a deal, if you know what your looking for,
and dont mind last years model, Hence the Term Black friday.

Locally? just a Joke and not a Funny one, just going mad with all the deals that they can and try ride the coattails of Black Friday,
almost like Christmas Deals, almost exactly the same, if they give anything approaching decent deals they hide them very well.

rodga

Honorary Master
Id think the opposite is true at least overseas,

get rid of old stock for all the newer stock they getting in, so you can pick up a deal, if you know what your looking for,
and dont mind last years model, Hence the Term Black friday.
We gonna need a better explanation for this :unsure: