Pick n Pay brand match discontinued?

cr@zydude

Executive Member
I have realised that in January my till slip no longer has a brand match calculation. At one point I got a random R10 off coupon, but it wasn't for paying more on my shopping than elsewhere. It looks like they no longer run this programme. The best notice I could find was this news piece from Pick n Pay saying that brand macth had done its job, but it doesn't clearly state that brand match has ended.

http://www.picknpay.co.za/news/pick-n-pay-brand-match-2

Aharon

Executive Member
It's definitely ended. Also get the odd random R5 discount.

jman

Expert Member
I've gotten "R15 off your next shop" vouchers twice in a row now. Kinda nice if you actually remember you have them lol. Would be cool if they loaded those to your smartshopper card rather than giving you a piece of paper to use

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
I've gotten "R15 off your next shop" vouchers twice in a row now. Kinda nice if you actually remember you have them lol. Would be cool if they loaded those to your smartshopper card rather than giving you a piece of paper to use
Loading it onto your smartshopper basically guarantees it will be used. That is why they would rather give you a piece of paper.

jman

Expert Member
Loading it onto your smartshopper basically guarantees it will be used. That is why they would rather give you a piece of paper.
Makes sense from a picknpay perspective.. But a customer - not the best experience

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Makes sense from a picknpay perspective.. But a customer - not the best experience
Why would PnP care about customer experience? They are there to make money and give the impression of customer experience. That is where the brand match came in. If they know there is a difference in prices, why not charge that from the start and give the discount right there at the till or update pricing on the shelf? No, instead you get a piece of paper you will lose and have to come back to the store anyway to use it.

jman

Expert Member
Why would PnP care about customer experience? They are there to make money and give the impression of customer experience. That is where the brand match came in. If they know there is a difference in prices, why not charge that from the start and give the discount right there at the till or update pricing on the shelf? No, instead you get a piece of paper you will lose and have to come back to the store anyway to use it.
Yep I'm 100% in agreement

Sepeng

Expert Member
I seem to remember, when they went from 2 points to 1 for every rand spent, it was justified by this whole Brand Match thing; not that I ever used it but now even that's gone? Pretty poor show. I used to be a fan, reckon it's time to see how the other places compare (not just cos of this, few issues recently).