Pick n Pay CEO calls for liquor ban to be lifted

bromster

Executive Member
Oh, so when 50 million South Africans are losing their minds in outrage, government doesn't bat an eye. Yet, when big money talks, big politicians are expected to listen?

How American...

We need an African Davos where all the tenderpreneurs can meet and discuss how to squeeze more juice out of the average, ignorant African.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Oh, so when 50 million South Africans are losing their minds in outrage, government doesn't bat an eye. Yet, when big money talks, big politicians are expected to listen?

How American...

We need an African Davos where all the tenderpreneurs can meet and discuss how to squeeze more juice out of the average, ignorant African.
He was going to open booze next week anyways.

KikzAzz

Seems if the lifting of the ban or relaxing Level 4 lock-down restrictions is very unlikely...

• Dr. Michelle Groome, Head of the DPHSR, is also unconvinced that South Africa has reached its third wave peak.
“While the percentage of people testing positive for the virus decreased in Gauteng, Limpopo, North West, the percentage testing positive remained very high – at above 35% – in all three of these provinces.”
“Trends in the coming week will be important in confirming whether the peak of the third wave has indeed been reached or not. Testing rates have decreased in the past TWO weeks, and while this may be reflective of a decreased need for testing due to decreased infections, access to testing has been limited in certain areas due to the social unrest.”

• Sad
Reactions: ccj

Baise

I think the ban will be conditionally lifted on Sunday.
Squirrel has too much poop being flung at the fan at the moment.
Might as well get people to sell it, otherwise they will just loot it again.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
That's the first thought I had.
Pick n Pay CEO trying to look like a crusader for the peepul. :ROFL:
PnP CEO:
tenor.gif

Brawler

Honorary Master
They might as well open it up now really.
The problem drinkers stocked up last week anyway and it is now freely available on the black market.

KikzAzz

We are over the peak of this wave so its most likely anyway.
That is also my view looking at the statistics, but not the view unfortunately of the advisors to the NCCC.

They are stating that is reducing in Gauteng and increasing in some of the other provinces (from what I have seen it is Eastern and Western Cape as well as KZN). Apparently the hospitalizations are still increasing as well which is the main argument being used for the ban.

VooDooC

Expert Member
That is also my view looking at the statistics, but not the view unfortunately of the advisors to the NCCC.

They are stating that is reducing in Gauteng and increasing in some of the other provinces (from what I have seen it is Eastern and Western Cape as well as KZN). Apparently the hospitalizations are still increasing as well which is the main argument being used for the ban.
Looking at the **** show that was KZN last week, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a massive spike in numbers come next week.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
They must lift the alcohol ban, but make it very clear, - , if you get injured in any alcohol related incidents, hospitals will patch you up and send you home, not put you in a bed needed for pandemic casualties.