Pick n Pay CEO calls for liquor ban to be lifted

Thor

Honorary Master
Grow a backbone the JSE companies could've ended this a long time ago, but they all suck up to Cyril.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
They must lift the alcohol ban, but make it very clear, - , if you get injured in any alcohol related incidents, hospitals will patch you up and send you home, not put you in a bed needed for pandemic casualties.
The problem is that drunk drivers hit other cars and pedestrians.

I do agree anyone showing any levels of toxicity should be turned away from the hospital.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
We have to many people who cannot sit down, socialize over a few beers and call it quits. Nope, attitude is the bottle is open, and must be emptied. "Trap die prop, dan moet ons hom klaarmaak."

Socialize, have a few go home fairly sober. Not pissed out of your mind.

I do not understand the need to go out get totally totalled, knowing that in the morning you are going to heavily hung over. What is the obsession with punishing yourself every morning, because you had to drink way beyond any sensible level.

Really, it beats me - do we really have that many people, who suffer poor self image, that they can only feel "great" when they totally canned.

I dunno

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
The problem is that drunk drivers hit other cars and pedestrians.

I do agree anyone showing any levels of toxicity should be turned away from the hospital.
So I sit at home, have 1 beer when my lung collapse, should I also be turned away?

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Yes, let me rephrase that, was your lung collapsing while drinking your beer at home, due to your drinking that beer, or some other factor, if not, then no reason to turn you away.
God weet. Nevermind, leave it

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
We have to many people who cannot sit down, socialize over a few beers and call it quits. Nope, attitude is the bottle is open, and must be emptied. "Trap die prop, dan moet ons hom klaarmaak."

Socialize, have a few go home fairly sober. Not pissed out of your mind.

I do not understand the need to go out get totally totalled, knowing that in the morning you are going to heavily hung over. What is the obsession with punishing yourself every morning, because you had to drink way beyond any sensible level.

Really, it beats me - do we really have that many people, who suffer poor self image, that they can only feel "great" when they totally canned.

I dunno
Perfect.

rvZA

Executive Member
Yep, court struck the SAB application down. Pick & Pay can no relax and make a proper business decision going forward.