Pick n Pay sees more people shopping online

spiff

Executive Member
maybe it's those screaming kids / bawling grannies that drove them away :)

bokdrol

Executive Member
I can well imagine online shopping would be slightly more pleasant than the aisles crawling with sticky-fingered tantruming toddlers and their broadbeamed parents guzzling chips and sodas.

angotull

Pity they cant deliver the things you order. And by that I mean substitutions when you expressly ticked no substitutions. It would also be helpful if they delivered the correct amount of items even though they charge you for the full amount you ordered.

Every single time I have used them its been a disaster of some sort. They once delivered cold items in a polystyrene delivery box that smelt so bad of rotten meat, we battled for days to get rid of the smell from just opening it briefly.

I have even changed my preferred store. Seems the same packer works for both stores - how odd. I have even had to go to social media to get things resolved because I couldn't contact the help-desk at the time. All I get is shock and horror and a promise to sort out the issues, but nothing ever happens. In fact I am still (6 months later) waiting for the store manager where the items were picked to call me about his pickers problems.

I used them a few times in a row when they first started - terrible. Then a few years ago again, also for a few attempts ( I do at least give them a chance), and then recently I tried it again for 3 months in a row. Every single time its a disappointing failure.

I would much rather pay for delivery than have to fight my way through shoppers and lazy packing staff who are more interested in standing 5 deep to pack one shelf, with one product, but the issues with delivery completely outweigh the issues in their stores.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Pity they cant deliver the things you order. And by that I mean substitutions when you expressly ticked no substitutions. It would also be helpful if they delivered the correct amount of items even though they charge you for the full amount you ordered.

Every single time I have used them its been a disaster of some sort. They once delivered cold items in a polystyrene delivery box that smelt so bad of rotten meat, we battled for days to get rid of the smell from just opening it briefly.

I have even changed my preferred store. Seems the same packer works for both stores - how odd. I have even had to go to social media to get things resolved because I couldn't contact the help-desk at the time. All I get is shock and horror and a promise to sort out the issues, but nothing ever happens. In fact I am still (6 months later) waiting for the store manager where the items were picked to call me about his pickers problems.

I used them a few times in a row when they first started - terrible. Then a few years ago again, also for a few attempts ( I do at least give them a chance), and then recently I tried it again for 3 months in a row. Every single time its a disappointing failure.

I would much rather pay for delivery than have to fight my way through shoppers and lazy packing staff who are more interested in standing 5 deep to pack one shelf, with one product, but the issues with delivery completely outweigh the issues in their stores.
This.

I even created a thread about it last year. Pick n Pay's online shopping is so bad I will never touch it again. Just 2 or 3 online shops were enough to put me off for life.

Woolies is not perfect either, but much, much, much better than Pick n Pay.

bratwurst

Expert Member
This.

I even created a thread about it last year. Pick n Pay's online shopping is so bad I will never touch it again. Just 2 or 3 online shops were enough to put me off for life.

Woolies is not perfect either, but much, much, much better than Pick n Pay.
We have started ordering online about 4 months ago. Only once have they forgotten to pack a butter. No issues otherwise. Delivery guy is friendly and always on time. Goods are packed well etx.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Their online prices are ridiculously expensive (it's like they just rounded everything up).
And then they still want to substitute more expensive stuff.
So the price you see when you make the order is rarely ever the price you will end up paying.
It always ends up more expensive.
I won't use them again.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
We have started ordering online about 4 months ago. Only once have they forgotten to pack a butter. No issues otherwise. Delivery guy is friendly and always on time. Goods are packed well etx.
With my orders, everything that could go wrong, went wrong. Multiple times. Was too frustrated to try again.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
They don't deliver to my area.
I don't enter any of the pick n pays in my area.

So yea, no longer a customer.