PICS | Angry community members set Katlehong classrooms alight

John Tempus

Expert Member
Did not read the article, but let me guess.... No one was arrested and charged with public violence and there will be no attempt to charge anyone with terrorism?

These peaceful protesters will have their demands met with a new brick and mortar school personally build by Ramaphosa himself.

Predicting future headlines.

Supervan II

Expert Member

supersunbird

Honorary Master
SGB?! What kind of SGB burns classrooms where their own children go?!

Our local model C school that I pass every day still has 3 prefab classrooms.
My kids private school had few too until new block was built.

Seems blacks arent happy with the white levels of supposed privileged education either, my primary school and both the highschools (80s and 90s) I went to all had prefab classrooms. And to make it worse, ours was out of that dangerous asbestos, not whatever the new mobile classrooms are made of.

Milano

Honorary Master
Anyone that damages government property in a democratically elected government should be branded as terrorists and be made an example of. This country can't afford to keep on replacing stuff damaged by morons.

As long as nobody holds government responsible then government promises not to hold its electorate responsible. That was not the original concept behind democracy. This perverse form of government is nothing more than criminal collusion.

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
Seems blacks arent happy with the white levels of supposed privileged education either, my primary school and both the highschools (80s and 90s) I went to all had prefab classrooms. And to make it worse, ours was out of that dangerous asbestos, not whatever the new mobile classrooms are made of.
The primary I went to school in the 80's had those asbestos ones too.

Wonder if EFF will go and protect state property...

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
I can understand and even support a community up in arms if they had nothing but to have something and burn it down ..... ja well, suffer you savages.

airborne

Honorary Master
Yip SA is going to have to burn to the ground till some schmucks realize that money does not grow on trees.
How the fk do people do this, what kind of brain flatline mentality is required to destroy what little you have in the belief that is the way to get better infrastructure.

I really wouldn't be surprised lots of these incidents are instigated and manipulated by a tiny minority for nefarious reasons , new tenders, create political instability in an area.

It's sad to think that SA is by all measures in the downward vortex, mid way down the drain pipe.

Rajah

Honorary Master
As long as nobody holds government responsible then government promises not to hold its electorate responsible. That was not the original concept behind democracy. This perverse form of government is nothing more than criminal collusion.

By all means they can protest, I'm not against that. But there is no need to distroy public property. If they burn down lootfreely house where all the crap originates, by all means as that's punishing the transgressors. But it's dumb to damage something that has to be replaced with tax money.

Milano

Honorary Master
By all means they can protest, I'm not against that. But there is no need to distroy public property. If they burn down lootfreely house where all the crap originates, by all means as that's punishing the transgressors. But it's dumb to damage something that has to be replaced with tax money.

Irrespective of whether protesters have valid gripes the state is deliberately extremely soft on those perpetrators destroying state infrastructure. Why? That is not by chance. That is clearly deliberate state policy. In return for what? In return for votes. That is the very essence of the perversion of the tenets on which democratic principles were founded.

grok

Honorary Master
Perverse is a good term for what this country has become, including the voters supposed quest for democracy.
Hint: that's not what they really wanted, they wanted one man one vote so their numbers would catapult them in charge of and able to steal other people's money.
It's not just classrooms, the whole country is burning, they have indeed freed themselves with their boxes of matches..