PICS: Armed robbers hit Hillsong church in Cape Town

LCBXX

Executive Member
What rule changes do you propose?

So you don't have an actual point with that?
How about dealing with the fakery around miracles, like paraplegics walking. One example.
I do. Taxing churches should result in a curbing of these charlatans posing as men of God, living lavishly from the money they leech from their congregations. Tax free.

Cr419

Executive Member
How about dealing with the fakery around miracles, like paraplegics walking. One example.
I do. Taxing churches should result in a curbing of these charlatans posing as men of God, living lavishly from the money they leech from their congregations. Tax free.
While some might well do just that, many don't. The church in this instance does quite a lot in it's communities. Much more than you have ever done, that I am very sure of. But you can enjoy shouting and judging there sitting on your high horse. Just remember, just like ET, you can also fall off your horse.

Eniigma

Expert Member
No you do not see. Religion is born out of the actions of people. A Jewish girl lied about her pregnancy and, well, here we are debating the religion that has its roots therein.

Read your posting about the Church of England and how it came to be. It contradicts your formula.
Cool story bro.

Maybe you should show us on the dolly where the bad church hurt you.

Anyway I'm done debating it, it pointless. Mybb is decided anti-religion and intolerant of anything that goes against that. Hell this thread is about some place being robbed and it's two pages of hate against the victim of the crime.

daveza

Honorary Master
The population was by far uneducated and incapable of reading and understanding the bible back in the dark ages so people naturally tended to give those who could read the authority to interpret it for them. Those people abused that power and claimed anything they could not understand or easily explain or threatened their power to be demonic.
So not much has changed since the Dark Ages.

We still have 'pastors' with very little theological study ' interpreting the bible for those who understand it even less than them.

Flarsiep

I see. Seeing as you're struggling I'll put in simple terms for you.

Religion =! (does not equal) the actions of people.
Do remember this when some muslim chap goes of his rockers again. Because then everybody jumps on the muslim faith and how they should stop it.
But now we know it is not the religion, but rather the people...

Cr419

Executive Member
Do remember this when some muslim chap goes of his rockers again. Because then everybody jumps on the muslim faith and how they should stop it.
But now we know it is not the religion, but rather the people...
Is it the same people in this thread saying the muslims must stop the terrorists? How would they even go about doing that? That's just moronic.

LCBXX

Executive Member
While some might well do just that, many don't. The church in this instance does quite a lot in it's communities. Much more than you have ever done, that I am very sure of. But you can enjoy shouting and judging there sitting on your high horse. Just remember, just like ET, you can also fall off your horse.
ET and the AWB were never the same after the falling-off-horse-incident - it plainly destroyed their image and whatever status they had. I'm not sure how it relates, though.
Is it the same people in this thread saying the muslims must stop the terrorists? How would they even go about doing that? That's just moronic.
You need to explain to me how it is moronic. You have people committing atrocities in the name of their faith/religion/church/etc but somehow the religion is not responsible. These Pastors and Prophets who head up these local churches that make people eat grass and drink Jik are reading from exactly the same book as any other "Good" church. The teachings and messages are astoundingly the same, the only merely tests the faith of the congregation more directly.

What are you suggesting? Are these people trolling the religion?

Last edited:

LCBXX

Executive Member
Cool story bro.

Maybe you should show us on the dolly where the bad church hurt you.

Anyway I'm done debating it, it pointless. Mybb is decided anti-religion and intolerant of anything that goes against that. Hell this thread is about some place being robbed and it's two pages of hate against the victim of the crime.
Bye!

Cr419

Executive Member
ET and the AWB were never the same after the falling-off-horse-incident - it plainly destroyed their image and whatever status they had. I'm not sure how it relates, though.
The ET thing was a bit of a joke, seems to have triggered you a bit.

You need to explain to me how it is moronic. You have people committing atrocities in the name of their faith/religion/church/etc but somehow the religion is not responsible. These Pastors and Prophets who head up these local churches that make people eat grass and drink Jik are reading from exactly the same book as any other "Good" church. The teachings and messages are astoundingly the same, the only merely tests the faith of the congregation more directly.

What are you suggesting? Are these people trolling the religion?
Reading from the same book maybe, but that's where the comparison stops. There is not much anyone in the church can do about that unfortunately, this is a free country (besides being free from crime that is, but that's a whole different subject).

I have no idea what their angle is, has nothing to do with me. If people are silly enough to fall for it that's unfortunately on them. There is literally zero I can do about that, also don't see why I should feel obliged to do anything.

You have now successfully derailed this thread completely. As @Enigma said, you have succeeded in turning this into a victim bashing thread. Congrats.

Flarsiep

Perhaps I have not made myself clear...
Here we are saying that the bad things that happened using the name of Christianity were bad people, not the faith. But the moment a muslim blows something up then it is all about the faith being bad. Can't have it both ways.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
It's to cater for those people who stay in Century City and surrounding areas.
Yes its hardly expensive considering the other Churches just like it in the CBD and Southern Suburbs.

Anyway, those places reek of cash, they are basically chumming for sharks. They have all that AV gear, musical instruments and "collections", zero security and let anyone in the door.

Cr419

Executive Member
Perhaps I have not made myself clear...
Here we are saying that the bad things that happened using the name of Christianity were bad people, not the faith. But the moment a muslim blows something up then it is all about the faith being bad. Can't have it both ways.
You will find it's probably the same people blaming all the muslims for the atrocities of the few. Is that clear enough for you or do you need me to draw it for you with crayons?

Flarsiep

You will find it's probably the same people blaming all the muslims for the atrocities of the few. Is that clear enough for you or do you need me to draw it for you with crayons?
What's with the smartass answers?
You take exception to me quoting Enigma.
If you feel threatened by my observation by all means we can chat politely, but drawing with crayons ain't gonna work. Resorting to infantile insults is not usually your thing?

LCBXX

Executive Member
The ET thing was a bit of a joke, seems to have triggered you a bit.

Reading from the same book maybe, but that's where the comparison stops. There is not much anyone in the church can do about that unfortunately, this is a free country (besides being free from crime that is, but that's a whole different subject).

I have no idea what their angle is, has nothing to do with me. If people are silly enough to fall for it that's unfortunately on them. There is literally zero I can do about that, also don't see why I should feel obliged to do anything.

You have now successfully derailed this thread completely. As @Enigma said, you have succeeded in turning this into a victim bashing thread. Congrats.
Who are you to judge me on whether I am triggered or not :p.

Who is the victim being bashed? From where I sit all I see is people exercising their free-will.

Cr419

Executive Member
Who is the victim here? From where I sit all I see is people exercising their free-will.
The victim of the robbery?

What's with the smartass answers?
You take exception to me quoting Enigma.
If you feel threatened by my observation by all means we can chat politely, but drawing with crayons ain't gonna work. Resorting to infantile insults is not usually your thing?
I got a bit annoyed there, and yes, it does look infantile going back to read that post, so sorry about that. But I'm sure you would agree that's it's most probably the same people blaming the whole religion for the actions of a few?

That's for both the mentioned cases.

LCBXX

Executive Member
Ah I forget. Damn you are right this thread is a bit derailed.

Criminals are opportunists and the fact that the odds of someone on the church carrying something that will aid to self defence, or offence, is slim. Low-risk, high reward opportunity.

I hear that often that people will say to others "Yes this and that probably happened because God is testing you or is trying to tell you something". Hence asking what message God was trying to send by having people robbed at a place of worship. Perhaps that is a trolling question but no less valid in the context of what many religious folk say, though.

Flarsiep

I got a bit annoyed there, and yes, it does look infantile going back to read that post, so sorry about that. But I'm sure you would agree that's it's most probably the same people blaming the whole religion for the actions of a few?

That's for both the mentioned cases.
Agree 100%.
Religion, Trump,hot cars, hotter woman and your favourite beer brings out the worst.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I see. Seeing as you're struggling I'll put in simple terms for you.

Religion =! (does not equal) the actions of people.
You are incorrect, religion is the actions of the people.

Its a societal structure to tell you how to live. The actions of the members are as a direct result of the religion.