Pierre van ryneveld ftth/ wireless fibre

Joeboy69

Expert Member
Off topic but of interest ....

what a bugger up this rollout of the prepaid electricity to houses are proving to be. Can’t get a schedule out of those telephone numbers if email JvB supplied. Just hope the wife or I am home when they pitch up

DelitechITSolutions

Now that Upper Kirkness is finally rolling out on Metrofibre, remember to send us your applications. The TP is free during project phase, so you'll only pay for activation (R1000 including free-to-use router).

(If you've previously applied with us, please re-apply so we can update our systems pursuant to POPI and other stuff).

Special offer to Upper Kirkness users:

25mbps - R599
50mbps - R799
100mbps - R899
200mbps - R1249

Use coupon UPPERKIRK on the form below for your discount to apply.

- Monthly fee subject to signing a debit order
- Valid for Upper Kirkness addresses only
- Valid during project phase only (offer expires on 15 July 2021)
- Subject to paid activation (R1000)
- Minimum term 6 months (if you cancel within 6 months, we will claw back the discount)

Here's the sign up form.

Last edited:

Joeboy69

Expert Member
In upper Kirkness some houses (like mine and neighbour) have trenches on sidewalk and cabling underneath the driveways. Other houses have that cut in the tar. What is the difference between these?

Jaaks

So the fibre people are in our road eventually just off Kirkness. They digging up the place, breaking stuff and making a huge mess as is expected.
BUT
They managed to make a hole in my water pipe with a pick axe. After my meter. Obviously no one was nice enough to let us know. Even though everyone was home. They took a few hours to fix it and I only found out about it from my neighbour that yesterday evening(21 June)
Who can I contact about this issue from the fibre people's side? Taking strain as it is I can't afford the crazy water bill that is coming. Yes, I did check and my meter is many kl over my monthly average already and it is not yet month end.

DelitechITSolutions

You'll need to get in touch with Metrofibre and ask who the contractor for phase 7 is. They've used Foreverness for other phases, so it may very well be the same people. [DP]