Pierre van ryneveld ftth/ wireless fibre

DelitechITSolutions

@phoneJunky - why don't you guys down there cluster together and apply for a single business fibre connection, set up your own wifi network, and split the bill? Based on business pricing, you could be looking at R1499.00p/m and 20mbps each if 10 properties share a 200mbps business connection. You'd have to do your own rate limiting to ensure everyone gets a fair slice of the cake though... Still expensive, but maybe worth it and still beats R2800+ for an individual 20mbps business fibre connection? [DP]
SO, this is no longer of concern! You guys down there can now apply with us for your FTTH connections! We've managed to persuade the "powers that be" at MFN! :) [DP]

DelitechITSolutions

Jacobus de Villiers/Hertzog inner block complete! Next area being targeted is Van Deventer/Beves/Hertzog (from Faulds towards Kirkness). If you're in this area, please sign a consent form (available from Delitech) and talk to your neighbours to get involved. DP

Last edited:

phoneJunky

Executive Member
They trenched past my house and are currently busy installing boxes in front of every house. Wonder how long it will still be for us to be live.

I will be able to get 25Mbps for close to the same amount as what my 4Meg line +account +telephone rental is. Hopefully this will be done soon. I think most people will switch over.

Joeboy69

Expert Member
Trenching down Cresswell on the other side do the road from my place. Hopefully we will be able to join soon ...

DelitechITSolutions

@Joeboy69 We have a meeting this week with MFN on the Creswell roll out. There seems to be miscommunication between the engineers and management about whether or not we can connect freestanding properties on route to the Veglaer complexes. We will post an update on the Ryneveld Fibre Facebook page as soon as we have more information. @Mista_Mobsta MFN is not currently considering a roll out to Aerosud. We are working really hard to convince them otherwise. DP

Last edited:

Joeboy69

Expert Member
@Joeboy69 We have a meeting this week with MFN on the Creswell roll out. There seems to be miscommunication between the engineers and management about whether or not we can connect freestanding properties on route to the Veglaer complexes. We will post an update on the Ryneveld Fibre Facebook page as soon as we have more information. @Mista_Mobsta MFN is not currently considering a roll out to Aerosud. We are working really hard to convince them otherwise.

Thanks. Parents in Jacohof so hopefully enough residents there want to sign up as well.

Jaaks

Hi everyone. What internet options do we have to the right in Kirkness ave? I am struggling to get proper info and need around 100 Gigs of data to conservatively work.

DelitechITSolutions

Jaaks, you can always look at Business LTE - 100-200gigs from R549 to R849 pm? Depending on your address it should work fine. DP

Last edited:

Joeboy69

Expert Member
@Joeboy69 We have a meeting this week with MFN on the Creswell roll out. There seems to be miscommunication between the engineers and management about whether or not we can connect freestanding properties on route to the Veglaer complexes. We will post an update on the Ryneveld Fibre Facebook page as soon as we have more information. @Mista_Mobsta MFN is not currently considering a roll out to Aerosud. We are working really hard to convince them otherwise.

Jacohof installation complete, waiting for activation and then hopefully Cresswell

DelitechITSolutions

I was away for a while, I will come around when things settle down. Is there already free standing houses connected and up and running in my area?

If you are in the Corobrick area, then yes, the first freestanding homes have been connected for two months now. DP

DelitechITSolutions

We're now opening up applications for the entire Dan Pienaar/Van Deventer/Beves/Hertzog block. Trenching has already begun. DP

Last edited:

Cactus

Oh how I wish you would come to our side of town (Melville Ave) :crying:

DelitechITSolutions

We're getting there, eventually. There's a *lot* of red tape involved to get a network provider remotely interested. Then it takes *ages* to get wayleaves financed, let alone approved. Took 2 years and 4 months and *lots* of door to door begging to get lower Van Deventer/Dan Pienaar approved and ready to launch.

Telkom however should have started with their aerial deployment in the Aerosud area by now - I wonder what's holding them up... Will see if I can find out. DP