Votes: 129 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Depends on the circumstances

Votes: 35 21.7%

• Total voters

Hellhound105

Executive Member
Yeah next time the bloody old man shouldn't go placing his fence right in front of a innocent robber to climb.. I mean what's a man gonna do when confronted with a fence and lekker WMC spoils on the other side?
"The said suspects were approached by the owner of the house and shots were fired"

Start there, lock the doors between you and the scum. Never "approach" it

Dan C

Honorary Master
“Upon arrival at the scene, they noticed a 31-year-old man with two gunshot wounds on the arm and lower abdomen.
“He was stuck on the fence, still breathing, and an ambulance was called.

How did they notice he was 31 years old ?

Hellhound105

Executive Member
If they go in the back, they must have ricocheted off the shell of a passing tortoise...
Wish I had that crap PFTC books here to send an example.

Thats why you go prone when the guy starts running at you. You can then shoot him at a 30 degree angle....for ricochets of course.

....hated those books

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Was the intruder here armed? If not there is gonna be kak.
He may have been lost and was looking for some food

3WA

Honorary Master
Wish I had that crap PFTC books here to send an example.

Thats why you go prone when the guy starts running at you. You can then shoot him at a 30 degree angle....for ricochets of course.

....hated those books

Thanks, any more tips?

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Any person that is trespassing on someone else's property does not have good intentions.

We also have to look at this in the South African context of pensioners being tortured, murdered and executed during home invasions.

Anecdote:

My grandfather's 92-year old aunt was attacked in her home and my grandfather was charged with attempted murder for loading one of them up with lead. She was on the phone to him when they attacked her and my grandfather lived close by and immediately got in his car to reach her, arriving as the invaders were exiting her house. He was also found guilty of being in contempt when the judge asked if he had any regrets and his answer was ''Yes, I wish I had a larger caliber gun''. He only had a .22 pistol on him at the time. The prosecution actually tried to claim the scum was looking for food until they were asked why they needed to tie an extension cord around a 92-year old's neck and then drag them around the house whilst looking for food.

Last edited:

das Toktokken

Honorary Master
Castle Doctrine needs to be adopted. You break into another person's property, you must expect them to defend the inhabitants and building. This is also why you don't **** with old ooms - they got nothing to lose.
Trouble with that is you can just throw someone you disagree with into your yard and shoot them dead.
I had a neighbour over 90 who still owned a gun and twice shot someone without even seeing them. Once through the bathroom door and once through the couch. Both times the intruder survived fortunately for his sake.

Aghori

Honorary Master
Trouble with that is you can just throw someone you disagree with into your yard and shoot them dead.
I had a neighbour over 90 who still owned a gun and twice shot someone without even seeing them. Once through the bathroom door and once through the couch. Both times the intruder survived fortunately for his sake.

Of course, the law of reasonable cause will come in to play. It can be abused, yes.

konfab

Honorary Master
Any person that is trespassing on someone else's property does not have good intentions.

We also have to look at this in the South African context of pensioners being tortured, murdered and executed during home invasions.

Anecdote:

My grandfather's 92-year old aunt was attacked in her home and my grandfather was charged with attempted murder for loading one of them up with lead. She was on the phone to him when they attacked her and my grandfather lived close by and immediately got in his car to reach her, arriving as the invaders were exiting her house. He was also found guilty of being in contempt when the judge asked if he had any regrets and his answer was ''Yes, I wish I had a larger caliber gun''. He only had a .22 pistol on him at the time. The prosecution actually tried to claim the scum was looking for food until they were asked why they needed to tie an extension cord around a 92-year old's neck and then drag them around the house whilst looking for food.
"Apartheid, your honour. that was the reason why"

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Proof that Karma is a b*tch for the POS to be stuck on the fence and having his last breath in absolute agony! Crime shouldn't pay but when it comes to shooting someone in self-defence, you better be sure to know the law before you pull that trigger! Much better to try and remove yourself from the situation and scare the fckers off unless they are a direct and immediate threat that needs corresponding force to neutralise.

TL;DR - bring in the Castle Doctrine

Aghori

Honorary Master
Proof that Karma is a b*tch for the POS to be stuck on the fence and having his last breath in absolute agony! Crime shouldn't pay but when it comes to shooting someone in self-defence, you better be sure to know the law before you pull that trigger! Much better to try and remove yourself from the situation and scare the fckers off unless they are a direct and immediate threat that needs corresponding force to neutralise.

TL;DR - bring in the Castle Doctrine

That oom should have dragged him back into his yard and made sure the dead perp was armed with a knife or similar, in most cases they prob already are.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
What if I put up signs that reads "Trespassers will be shot on sight" in all African languages.

Court cant say sh*t.