Pigs starve to death on Modise's farm

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Pigs have been found starving and eating one another on a farm owned by National Council of Provinces (NCOP) chairwoman Thandi Modise, the Sunday Independent reports.

Modise bought the multi-million rand farm Modderfontein, near Potchefstroom, around three years ago.

Police and Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) officials made the discovery on Saturday.

The remaining 85 pigs on the farm had begun cannabalising the 58 dead pigs, and were reportedly drinking their own urine. Sheep, geese, goats and ducks had also died on the farm.

It appeared the animals had been without water and food for a week, possibly two. There were no farmworkers on the property, no electricity, and the water pumps were broken.

Modise said she learnt of the neglect late on Saturday.

"I am not a farmer. I am trying to farm. I am learning. But if you are a woman and you are learning you are not allowed to make mistakes."

She said the farm had a manager, who had a family emergency. His interim replacement had disappeared.

Source : Sapa /aw/th
Date : 06 Jul 2014 09:56

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
Are you ****ing kidding me...?

"I am not a farmer. I am trying to farm. I am learning. But if you are a woman and you are learning you are not allowed to make mistakes."
So she and her workers are too ****ing dumb to know that animals require food and water in order to survive...? :mad:

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Pigs apparently thrive on politicians… two birds, one stone. ;)

tRoN

Executive Member
Terrible thing to happen but no wonder they called pigs...they'll eat anything!

maumau

Honorary Master
You might too if you were starving. Remember the plane that went down over the andes.

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
Then there are many other animals which should also be called pigs...including humans.

LaraC

Honorary Master
What is the purpose of buying a farm if you have no intention of looking after it. Hope the SPCA and Police intend to press charges.

Midnight_choir_drunk

Expert Member
They say it tastes like chicken?
Nope. Humans are said to taste like pork hence why we were know in canabalistic societies as "the long pig".

Humans have a lot in common with pigs. We are both mostly hairless mammals thanks to an aquatic period where we lived in the water. The elephant is another one. We are both highly intelligent omnivores too.

Mila

Honorary Master
Land distribution at its best. Idiots.
Hope the NsPca makes a case.

Mila

Honorary Master
Are you ****ing kidding me...?

So she and her workers are too ****ing dumb to know that animals require food and water in order to survive...? :mad:
There were no workers, I guess she didn't pay well.
Who in their right minds approved this business plan.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Bet obtained the farm unethical and then still pulls it through her fat @rse and doesn't give a shyte whilst the people who put here there starve.

Last edited:

Sean008

Expert Member
Pigs have been found starving and eating one another on a farm owned by National Council of Provinces (NCOP) chairwoman Thandi Modise, the Sunday Independent reports.

Modise bought the multi-million rand farm Modderfontein, near Potchefstroom, around three years ago.

Police and Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) officials made the discovery on Saturday.

The remaining 85 pigs on the farm had begun cannabalising the 58 dead pigs, and were reportedly drinking their own urine. Sheep, geese, goats and ducks had also died on the farm.

It appeared the animals had been without water and food for a week, possibly two. There were no farmworkers on the property, no electricity, and the water pumps were broken.

Modise said she learnt of the neglect late on Saturday.

She said the farm had a manager, who had a family emergency. His interim replacement had disappeared.

Source : Sapa /aw/th
Date : 06 Jul 2014 09:56
Will be good to learn how the purchase of this farm was funded. If financed, by which bank and how was the business model evaluated, and by whom. These f^#kers have been screwing Joe public for long enough, both banks and these political cu**s. :mad:

Johnone

I am not a farmer. I am trying to farm. I am learning. But if you are a woman and you are learning you are not allowed to make mistakes.
You did not make a mistake. You neglected your own affairs. And if you cannot manage you own affairs then how can you be trusted to manage those of others? You are a bad leader and steward. Period.