Pigs starve to death on Modise's farm

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
Somewhat telling the the spca are not gonna struggle to get their 200k goal for this case but the PP is struggling to raise fees to cover her costs order....
Yep. Also donated. Sitting on R116k now.

maumau

Honorary Master
Not going to read the thread but how cruel can this fsker be :(

Sollie

Executive Member
Somewhat telling the the spca are not gonna struggle to get their 200k goal for this case but the PP is struggling to raise fees to cover her costs order....
ROFL! Exactly my thoughts. Gives me hope for us.

Sollie

Executive Member
Would be great if SPCA wins, gets costs. Enough in the war fund for the next wannabe politician farmer.

schumi

Honorary Master
Thandi Modise to go on trial next year on animal cruelty charges

Speaker of Parliament Thandi Modise says she has deliberately kept quiet about the animal cruelty case against her.

Modise was speaking to her supporters outside the Potchefstroom Magistrate's Court on Wednesday after an appearance.

Lobby group AfriForum is accusing her of leaving her farm in the North West unattended, causing the death of more than 50 pigs and other animals, including geese, ducks, sheep and goats in 2014.

Modise said she has been closely watching all the roleplayers in the case and believed the delays in the matter were deliberate in order to weaken her chances of winning the matter.

"They drag it (case) until you know that you cannot afford lawyers and you have to stand by yourself. It is deliberately being dragged out, but we come from Umkhonto [we Sizwe]. We were taught patience, discipline. So, that discipline is still there, it will persevere. We will conquer," the former North West premier said.

She thanked her supporters, who came out in numbers, some clad in ANC MK veteran regalia, saying she was "strong" because of their presence in the court.
More at:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
No Thandi, the delays haven't been deliberate to weaken your chances of winning. If you are not guilty you can win, but we all know that the chances of you being innocent in all of this are slim to none.

3WA

Executive Member
Given that she knows how to keep pigs away from the trough, maybe she should be in charge of municipal budgets?

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Yep. Also donated. Sitting on R116k now.
Btw, for the guys who donated, you can contact backabuddy and they will CC the NSPCA in to get you a section 18a cert for getting your tax deduction.

Last edited:

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Has anyone traced back how she got the farm and if it was subsidized by the goverment?

PS Thread is really long and I dont want to read all the replies ....

schumi

Honorary Master
'Arrest warrant reserved for Speaker Thandi Modise' – AfriForum

Lobby group AfriForum says an arrest warrant has been reserved for Thandi Modise, National Assembly Speaker, after she reportedly failed to appear in the Potchefstroom Regional Court on charges of animal cruelty on Tuesday.

This follows the announcement by AfriForum's private prosecution unit in 2019 that it would privately prosecute Modise on behalf of the National Council of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (NSPCA).

The magistrate in the case reportedly reserved a warrant for her arrest on Tuesday, pending her appearance in court on 31 March.

AfriForum is accusing her of leaving her farm in North West unattended, causing the death of more than 50 pigs and other animals, including geese, ducks, sheep and goats in 2014.

In October 2019, the head of AfriForum's private prosecuting unit advocate Gerrie Nel, informed the court sitting before Magistrate Ben Mtebele that the matter was ready to go to trial. He said pre-trial issues had been resolved and the unit would hand over a case docket to the defence.

Reasons

More at:

Sl8er

Executive Member

upup

Executive Member
Her voters is also starving , maybe she should be fined for that as well, or wait, they still vote for her, while starving.

VooDooC

I hope she doesn't show up on March 31st.
Would be interesting to see what actually happens, IE. The excuses that will be brought up not to arrest her.
Got the best excuse in the world at the moment, "I couldn't go because we're in lock down."

konfab

Honorary Master
Afriforum is proving that the private sector is better at hold the government accountable than the government.

Anarchists 1
Statists 0

I hope more groups start setting up a budget for private prosecutions. It wouldn't supprise me to see something like an insurance product that will eventually cover private prosecutions.

ponder

Honorary Master
I just don't understand the logic behind the no sale of alcohol. I'm good either way, I don't drink that much on my own at home, but what do they expect is that going to solve?
You're in the wrong thread.

Sl8er

Executive Member
I just don't understand the logic behind the no sale of alcohol. I'm good either way, I don't drink that much on my own at home, but what do they expect is that going to solve?
Probably wrong thread ;)
EDIT: SNAP!