Pigs starve to death on Modise's farm

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I am very far from the nearest supermarket (170 km - half on dirt roads) never mind a labour department office. Yet there are labour department vehicles constantly in this area and they have inspected my documentation.

Please explain?
They do visit workplaces randomly but we know that SA wouldn't be such a haven of cheap, illegal labour and exploitation if they were actually on top of their job.

I would also take your claim that they are constantly in the area with a massive pinch of salt, wouldn't that imply that we have civil servants who are actually doing their job? And we all know that's impossible, angithi mnganam? All they do is go to the office, sleep and get their paycheck at the end of the month.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
They do visit workplaces randomly but we know that SA wouldn't be such a haven of cheap, illegal labour and exploitation if they were actually on top of their job.

I would also take your claim that they are constantly in the area with a massive pinch of salt, wouldn't that imply that we have civil servants who are actually doing their job? And we all know that's impossible, angithi mnganam? All they do is go to the office, sleep and get their paycheck at the end of the month.

Constant is random to you? Could it be because the farmers here are white and they somehow never managed to visit Thandi Modise's farm? I wonder why that could be?

Jeeper

Shyteholes like these and other cadres don’t give a damn about how they treat animals, it’s all about money and they’ll treat their supporters the same.

Apparently slitting the throat of a goat, cow etc. in the most inhumane way proves some kind of power.

Putting a tyre with combustible fuel around a human’s neck and setting it alight is also apparently showing some kind of power, commands and demands.

Jeeper

:unsure: Fck I give up. Suppose you will protect them (criminals) as far as possible.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Cadres don't pay their farm labour. Cos they have wrecked every farm they have been given.
These aholes are brainless idiots.

To illustrate your point:

Remember Zebediela Citrus Estate? Here’s what happened to it:

From 1918 to 1926, more than 565 000 citrus trees were planted on 2 260 ha of this estate’s land. For the twenty five years before the estate was sold to the South African government in 1974, it showed a profit of millions of rands every year. After the sale, Zebediela grew to become “the diamond of agricultural projects”. It was of such great national pride that the Reader’s Digest Illustrated Guide to Southern Africa wrote in 1978 that “nearly 400 million oranges are harvested each year from the groves of Zebediela, the world’s biggest citrus estate. The output is sufficient to provide one orange for every eight people on earth.

This was written in 2001: Zebediela Citrus Estate, once the largest of its kind in the world with an annual harvest worth R30 million, is in ruins today losing more than R35 million per annum. Taken over by the Agricultural and Rural Development Corporation, its managers were replaced by people who had no farming experience. Half the citrus trees have died and hundreds of employees have been retrenched.

The Lisbon Citrus and Mango Estate, once our largest exporter of mangoes, has met a similar fate. So has the Saringwa Estate in the Lowland which is now R17 million in debt. The Gillemsberg Citrus and Cattle Boerdery, once debt free and producing R14 million per year, has been totally plundered. This once magnificent 25 000 hectare gem is now a huge squatter camp. One of the largest pig farms in the country was also handed over in a ceremony attended by Nelson Mandela himself who claimed that the farm would serve “as a breadbasket of the community”. Today all the pigs are gone and squatters are living in their pens.

Around the country examples abound of the systematic destruction of the last remaining food exporting infrastructure in Africa. As in Zimbabwe, the claim of “racial imbalance” in land ownership is a red herring. With the government owning around 25% of South Africa’s land, there is ample land available for those who want to work it. But that is not being distributed. Instead organised agriculture is being strangled to death by those who seek only to occupy farms and not to continue their productivity.

-------

LIMPOPO – Over 2 000 jobs were lost at Makgoba Tea Estate, (previously known as Sapekoe Tea Estate) near Tzaneen in what some claim was a failed example of the ANC’s land reform policy.

In its heyday, the tea state employed 3 000 workers and formed part of a block purchase by government for R104 million in 2006 as part of the land restitution programme, benefitting over 600 families.

The loss of jobs at Sapekoe comes at a tough time for the Limpopo job market, following on the heels of Bokoni Platinum Mine announcing the retrenchment of more than 2 000 workers due to company restructuring.

During a visit to the estate this week, CV discovered yielding tea bushes that had been left to grow up to 3 metres high; the agricultural infrastructure had been stripped and removed from the property and opportunities to create employment looked bleak as planned projects had come to little.

A former worker, Emma Moloto is a mother of five who has three grandchildren.

She said she used to depend on her monthly salary for their livelihood, and even then, she was living below the poverty breadline.

“We are living from hand to mouth. Some of my children have even resorted to staying with their boyfriends as I am unable to provide for them,” she said.

A forensic report marked ‘for internal use only’ confirmed that the estate was stripped of assets in excess of R121 million and subsequently, in 2011 the department became the caretaker of the estate,” said DA Provincial Leader, Jacques Smalle, in a statement last week.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Cadres don't pay their farm labour. Cos they have wrecked every farm they have been given.
These aholes are brainless idiots.

Here's why they want the farms:

06/02/2020

In yet another shocker for members of the Government Employee’s Pension Fund, it has been revealed that The Public Investment Commissioner (PIC) has “invested” in land, on their behalf, for R570,525 per hectare in Coligny, where the average price per hectare is less than R20,000.

The Ex SA Ambassador to Italy, Tembi Tambo, daughter of Oliver Tambo, is a representative of Isago, the controversial company benefiting from this and other highly questionable transactions.

nightjar

Executive Member
To illustrate your point:

Remember Zebediela Citrus Estate? Here’s what happened to it:
Zebediela Citrus Estate is just one of hundreds that the govt has ruined.
I saved a few reports as listed in the attached graphic but there are too many to keep track of.

Attachments

• Decolonized Farms.jpg
    Decolonized Farms.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 16

Sollie

Honorary Master
Let's go big or go home:

badplaas.jpg
This forms part of this article now:

Daniel had been blowing the whistle on the land claims scam that the government office had allegedly been running with local middlemen — and for his troubles, even after he had been forced to sell his private reserve, he would face down harassment, smear campaigns and an endless supply of death threats.

What a tangled incestuous web they weave ... and we all loose.

Last edited: