PigSpotter continues to warn against traffic police online

Do you think the person behind the PigSpotter Twitter account should be punished?

• Yes

Votes: 24 10.9%
  • No

Votes: 197 89.1%

• Total voters

kaspaas

Expert Member
Traffic cops, in general, require attitude adjustment therapy.

Most are power drunk.

Go for it Piggie!

This said, there are some, of all colour, who I only have respect. I wish they had the authority to send all their rotten "buddies" to the scaffold!

Check http://www.eblockwatch.co.za/ - they offer a service where one can call a cellphone number, and then what the cellphone "hears" is recorded and e-mailed to yourself. Excellent for getting teh dirty piggers on the hook!

ike

the least the staff writer could do was listen to the interview. he didnt say he was going to stop tweeting, he said he will stop tweeting about roadblocks in exchange for 702 (Keano) bringing the spotlight on police corruption. he never said hes gonna stop tweeting about the porkies hidden in the bushes.

booya30

View Poll Results: Do you think the person behind the PisSpotter Twitter account should be punished?
PisSpotter hey? ;)
I have no problem with identifying speed cameras, although I don't think that roadblocks should be mentioned...

FlashSA

Executive Member
+1
Uber Fail by the author!

the least the staff writer could do was listen to the interview. he didnt say he was going to stop tweeting, he said he will stop tweeting about roadblocks in exchange for 702 (Keano) bringing the spotlight on police corruption. he never said hes gonna stop tweeting about the porkies hidden in the bushes.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
JMPD and other law enforcement officials should be fighting crime and criminals and not self enrichment through hiding cameras in camouflage!

These so-called defenders of the law are not interested in slowing motorists down or reducing accidents, but it's about making money ... and lots of it! :mad:

Why else would you have traffic police trapping motorists when a block away taxis are jumping red lights, obstructing traffic or otherwise.

Regrettably they have become so obsessed and deceitful that they they resort to pulling great big bushes over themselves, covering a camera with camouflage (between Harrismith and Van Reenen), sitting behind a tree, pole or bush. If there was any intent to reduce accidents, then they'd show it.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Also ... I think Wayne Minnaar might have overlooked the fact that there are already High Court judgements which rule in favour of the public "trying to prevent another from committing a crime". So what's wrong with that?

Xenophyl

No one ever sees the other side of the argument. What about the thousands of motor vehicle related deaths that happen every year? There are rules of the road, traffic cops are legally allowed to fine anyone who trespasses a certain speed (Even if they have never used cameras on the roads you frequently travel - some of you call this corruption). Idc what the cops intentions are, so long as they keep on fining the pigs that continue to have no regard for the lives of other people.

He may be saving drivers some cash, but hes not saving anyones life. He should be punished.

Last edited:

pjj

It would be great if they rather spotted murderers, rapists, robbers etc. than traffic violators! This is a reflection of a sick, VERY SICK society!!

Coza

Surely speed traps are used to help slow drivers in high incident zones, thus making piggspotter an aid to the traffic department ?
Surely he should be praised for notifying loads of motorists to slow down in targeted areas, thus reducing accidents and regulating traffic flow ?

Quite like in Europe where the speed traps are blatantly obvious and painted bright orange and incase you are a retard, they even paint lines in the middle of the lane before the cameras.

But that's all if you honestly think that the south african metro police are really out there to monitor, regulate traffic flow, and help reduce congestion and accidents, no wait, it's end of the month and they have bills to pay.

Just last week I was caught speeding, was doing 80 in a 60 zone, and was told that I had to pay a R500 fine, and was happy to accept the ticket, but they let me off because I had no cash to 'make a plan' .

After explaining that I don't carry cash to pay fines, they decided to 'let me off with a warning'

Perhaps in an effort to 'Lead SA' we should start a Twitter account on which to photograph corrupt porkers, but then we would probably be lashed by senior coppers for making accusations without concrete proof, quite like a few judges and presidents in the past.

Perhaps they should just ban the Internet, incase we us it to communicate and plot do defraud the government of their hard working speed trap officers kids school fees.

Last edited:

JK8

Banned
Afaik speed trap detectors are legal so this dude can provide information like this.

Also (from Top Gear) places like Japan warn you before hand that a speed trap is ahead.

milomak

Honorary Master
Isn't the actual Act also setup in such a way as the information should be readily available? iirc they have to apply where they want to trap. and i would guess under the access of information act (or whatever its called), the public could access this information.

Random717

Expert Member
chops sitting under the shade with a speed camera on Jan Smuts Corner Adith Road coming from JHB CBD
Does this exist? Closest I could find is 'Alyth' near the Westcliffe...

gilani777

Also (from Top Gear) places like Japan warn you before hand that a speed trap is ahead.

This applies in SA as well, they do warn you by putting the signs with a [ camera [##] ] sign, they just put it everywhere so that they can trap everywhere.