Pinelands EMS Vaccination Site - Cape Town

phoenix99

Expert Member
Just got home from my vaccination. Arrived at 8:00 and was out of there by 8:30.

10/10 Would and will get poked here again!

medicnick83

Paramedic
We are fairly quiet at the moment.

UPDATE: Pfizer is being offered for all general public going forward. J&J vaccination is only offered for government / emergency services etc - not general public as of today as per SITE MANAGER.

EMAM

Honorary Master
We are fairly quiet at the moment.

UPDATE: Pfizer is being offered for all general public going forward. J&J vaccination is only offered for government / emergency services etc - not general public as of today as per SITE MANAGER.
Is that only at your site or everywhere? Wanted my son to get J & J

medicnick83

Paramedic
You'll note that you won't find sites mention what vaccine they are giving.
Public are supposed to get the readily available Pfizer.
J&J are for rural areas and specific groups of people like Emergency Services / Gov etc.
You'll need to phone around and see where they offer J&J and go there.

CUZ_458

Only waited 10min to get my jab :D
If you dont feel like waiting in long lines then this is definitely the place to go

joshuatree

Expert Member
Got the 1st Pfizer vaccination dose on 17 July, and due for the 2nd dose between 28 August and 4 September according to my vaccination card.

My question - will I be able to get the 2nd dose on 27( or even 26 ) August?

41 days got mentioned by @medicnick83

EMAM

Honorary Master
Got the 1st Pfizer vaccination dose on 17 July, and due for the 2nd dose between 28 August and 4 September according to my vaccination card.

My question - will I be able to get the 2nd dose on 27( or even 26 ) August?

41 days got mentioned by @medicnick83
42 days plus

medicnick83

Paramedic
The system will NOT allow you to get the 2nd jab if you are on 41 days or less... you MUST be 42+

It's not us being difficult - it's the system - we can't give it to you if the system won't allow us.

joshuatree

Expert Member
The system will NOT allow you to get the 2nd jab if you are on 41 days or less... you MUST be 42+

It's not us being difficult - it's the system - we can't give it to you if the system won't allow us.

Know about the 42 days time period, was not sure about when the actual counting starts.

I will act on the dates given on the vaccination card then.

Reactions: "D"