Pinnacle Africa, Bloemfontein branch - worst mistake buying from them

rudivdw

Hey everyone

I just wanted to share what happened earlier this year with me and dear old Pinnacle in Bloem. Now, I'm down in the Cape, but my customer in this case is in Colesberg, so it made sense to order from the Bloemfontein branch. With me sitting down here, I asked the branch to assemble the PC as well. Total for the machine was around R11000.

The PC arrives, and my client opens up the case to put in the hard drive from his old PC. And, he then sends me this:

47e8449c-817a-4449-b7e8-c54a0f4cd558.jpg
80314eda-3dbf-4af7-86d7-d3b61e3eb46f.jpg

That's the Solid State Hard drive. It's attached without a proper bracket, with just one screw, and no support underneath it, basically just hanging in the air thanks to that single screw. Nice hey!

Emailing Rainier, the apparent guy in charge there, and then complaining about it on Facebook yielded no results, so I've decided to try my luck here.

Rather shocking, don't you think?

What interesting stories about them can you guys share?

*SynergyX*

Expert Member
lol....this has happened to me in jhb also.
had a pc assembled and who ever did it did not remove the plastic film over the thermal paste of the CPU.
Also dvd, hdd and such were only secured with the minimum number of screws

dualmeister

Honorary Master
That is not cool, but to be fair was a 2.5" to 3.5" / 5.25" adapted not included as the chassis does not seem to support SSD drives by default (based on the pics)?

Last edited:

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
That is not cool, but to be fair was a 2.5" to 3.5" / 5.25" adapted not included as the chassis does not seem to support SSD drives by default (based on the pics)?
This.
If they charged for the adapter, then they stole from you. If they didn't you should've picked up on it, or at least confirmed. The customer is trusting you in building this machine, so you should do your research, and advise.

Sparhawk

Consider who is building the PC, most times it is the lowest paid group in the company, right there with the stock pickers. There should be a step by step procedure or build flowchart that they should adhere too, but at times this is ignored then it is up to the QC person to ensure everything leaves the assembly area in perfect condition. in this case either none or some of the above was adhered too. It does happen from time to time at all disti's. But it is no excuse for sloppiness.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
From the pic it looks like they failed to secure the SSD at least once, the plastic above the screw looks like its broken off with scratch markings on the metal from a screw being turned against it.