Pit bull attack revives debate on whether breed must be banned

More ignorance from you.
America does not have Boerboels. Or not many as its not really known there.

Also from your article, 65% of all dog related death are from Pittbuls. LOL but you claim there is no problem with the breed.
But I guess you wanted to throw in the 11% of Rottweilers to cover that up?

Ignorance??? Pitbulls 65% the second largest problem out of hundreds of breeds is 11%

You mentioned rottweilers. I addressed rottweilers. Go back and read your own comment FFS.

You also said other dogs won't do what pitties do, ie snap and lash out. 4.5 million dog bites in the US and pit bulls are a minority breed, so who is doing all the biting? Yes, other breeds. So yes, you are ignorant, very much so. Dogs are dangerous, some more so than others. If you want to stick your face in theirs, be it a pit bull or a Jack Russell, you are running the risk of getting bitten.

At no point have I said there isn't an issue. I clearly stated that they are a breed that needs to be managed and a breed prone to owners that should not own dogs as they encourage their negative traits.

Last edited:
You mentioned rottweilers. I addressed rottweilers. Go back and read your own comment FFS.

You also said other dogs won't do what pitties do, ie snap and lash out. 4.5 million dog bites in the US and pit bulls are a minority breed, so who is doing all the biting? Yes, other breeds. So yes, you are ignorant, very much so.

At no point have I said there isn't an issue. I clearly stated that they are a breed that needs to be managed and a breed prone to owners that should not own dogs as they encourage their negative traits.
Yes other dogs don't do what Pitties do.
All from your links/facts
Pitbulls 6% of population, responsible for 65% of fatal attacks.
Nothing more to be said.

Nothing more to be said.
from the same link, just saying:
However, let's see the ones that have transcended because they have produced from very serious injuries to the death of people, I repeat, in more than 30 years (this statistic also includes crossbreeds when referring to pure breeds):

Pit Bulls – 3,397 attacks and 295 deaths

It appears on the PPP (Perros Potencialmente Peligrosos i.e Potentially Dangerous Dogs) list, it is the most feared breed and, unfortunately, with the most bad reputation. The statistics do not lie, they are there, however, those of us who love dogs know that the animal is not to blame.

from the same link, just saying:
Funny that none of these "excuses" are used for other dog breeds?
Because its not necessary and there is not a problem?

The, in more than 30 years is just another diversion to sound better. We all know Pitbulls only became popular the last 10 or so years and most of these attacks happened the same time. 20-30 years ago you almost never read about an attack by them. Especially in SA. Like I said, then it was occasionally Boerboel or Rottweiler, now its strange to hear of anything other than a Pitbull.

Funny that none of these "excuses" are used for other dog breeds?
Because its not necessary and there is not a problem?

The, in more than 30 years is just another diversion to sound better. We all know Pitbulls only became popular the last 10 or so years and most of these attacks happened the same time. 20-30 years ago you almost never read about an attack by them. Especially in SA. Like I said, then it was occasionally Boerboel or Rottweiler, now its strange to hear of anything other than a Pitbull.
Anyway, 300 deaths in a population of 300 million is fokkal.

Lets say they are banned, then the next breed will then be responsible for 65% of deaths.

Are you going to ban then all down to the golden retriever?

Anyway, 300 deaths in a population of 300 million is fokkal.

Lets say they are banned, then the next breed will then be responsible for 65% of deaths.

Are you going to ban then all down to the golden retriever?
285 death by Pitbull vs 45 by Rottweiler in second place is a huge difference and show that one is a huge problem. And we not even talking about all the people permanently maimed by Pitbulls. Very little chance a Maltese is going to maim someone.

Every year many children's toys are banned because there is a problem. The use of many other things are also banned yearly.
You cannot keep saying its the owners and not the dog.
If a dog is such a problem that it needs such special training and upbringing, then it should not be in the hands
of the public, because most of them will not give the dog that needs. Just like letting anyone keep a Lion in his backyard.
You cannot trust all parents to sit next to their kids while they play with a toy. Every parent is not smart enough to think that some toys might choke their baby. So you ban any toy that is a choking hazard. Its not the toy its the irresponsible parent.

285 death by Pitbull vs 45 by Rottweiler in second place is a huge difference and show that one is a huge problem. And we not even talking about all the people permanently maimed by Pitbulls. Very little chance a Maltese is going to maim someone.

Every year many children's toys are banned because there is a problem. The use of many other things are also banned yearly.
You cannot keep saying its the owners and not the dog.
If a dog is such a problem that it needs such special training and upbringing, then it should not be in the hands
of the public, because most of them will not give the dog that needs. Just like letting anyone keep a Lion in his backyard.
You cannot trust all parents to sit next to their kids while they play with a toy. Every parent is not smart enough to think that some toys might choke their baby. So you ban any toy that is a choking hazard. Its not the toy its the irresponsible parent.
Do you ban all the cross breeds because the stats includes them also?

The human factor is ALWAYS the biggest point of failure...that can never be solved. There will always be stupid and irresponsible people.

Get rid of these inbred, great white sharks of the dog world...

We cannot kill all the boers, that would be genicide boet.

Nothing more to be said.

Yes, blacks are 12.6% total population in the USA, but responsible for 51.2% of murder arrests and 52.7% of robbery arrests.

See how this works?

Why do you continue to make this statement when presented with facts that disprove it?

4.5 million dog bites per year. 1-in-73 people are bitten every year. Pit Bulls only make up 6% of the dog population. Who is doing all the biting? Please, tell me.

Literal quote that rottweilers mostly attack and kill children because children cannot read their warning signals and are vulnerable to the size and power of rottweilers. Why are you Ignoring this?

Nothing more to be said.

It appears that you are only reading the facts you want to read. Remove pitties and there will be peace in Jean Claude Vaaldamme's doggy world.

I bet people making the stats think everything is a pitbull.
View attachment 1728813

This is the other problem. The cross- and mix-breeds, along with some backyard breeders special, being lumped under the 'pit bull' umbrella.

A purebred American Pit Bull Terrier is a very slightly built dog.

OIP.ubfC7mjrB5cZs6cm7CBJkwAAAA

When you start seeing these larger dogs with the big heads and stocky builds, they are cross- and mix-breeds. And mix/cross breeding is also where problems start coming in as well. The backyard breeders being the worst because they will let anything into the bloodline.

Literal quote that rottweilers mostly attack and kill children because children cannot read their warning signals and are vulnerable to the size and power of rottweilers. Why are you Ignoring this?
OMG?
I normally just ignore stupid arguments. So next time you see I don't respond, you know why.
So children should learn warning signs?
We should be allowed to keep lions in our backyard, children should just learn the warning signs?
We should allow 10 year olds to drive motorcycles in the streets, they should just learn the traffic laws.
We should allow 5 year olds to work on the house's electrical system, they should just study the dangers.

You cannot take children out of society as you also cannot take dumb and irresponsible people out. So you take the other problems out, like arsenic, TNT, toys with choking hazards etc etc.

OMG?
I normally just ignore stupid arguments. So next time you see I don't respond, you know why.
So children should learn warning signs?
We should be allowed to keep lions in our backyard, children should just learn the warning signs?
We should allow 10 year olds to drive motorcycles in the streets, they should just learn the traffic laws.
We should allow 5 year olds to work on the house's electrical system, they should just study the dangers.

You cannot take children out of society as you also cannot take dumb and irresponsible people out. So you take the other problems out, like arsenic, TNT, toys with choking hazards etc etc.

Bud, you are the one that said no other breed does what a pit bull does. I have provided the stats that that is not the case.

Don't get all wound up because your ignorance was exposed.

Back