Pit bull mauls pensioner to death

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
FTFY

Lol whut? So they have banned the pitbull in countries all over europe and in some states in the US because why? Its an ugly MOFO?

Its because the breed has a problem with violence. I dont dispute that they can be loving pets, but some little switch in the pitbull's head is faulty, It goes into attack mode and does not stop. You can have a pitbull that has never barked at a fly in its life, but when it flips it will kill anyone, including its own loving devoted owner.
You clearly know nothing about dogs.
The reason they are banned in some places along with other powerful breeds is because stupid people get them as pets not knowing how to handle them.
I would bet good money that the pitbull that killed the man was either very seldom or never walked and didnt get enough exercise and discipline.
Its never the dogs fault it is always the owners fault. Stupid women went and had the other one put down too, and for what?
I hate useless people that cause suffering on animals due to their own shortcomings.

carstensdj

Expert Member
FTFY

Lol whut? So they have banned the pitbull in countries all over europe and in some states in the US because why? Its an ugly MOFO?

Its because the breed has a problem with violence. I dont dispute that they can be loving pets, but some little switch in the pitbull's head is faulty, It goes into attack mode and does not stop. You can have a pitbull that has never barked at a fly in its life, but when it flips it will kill anyone, including its own loving devoted owner.
Honestly... Just STFU because i find that insulting to the pitbull breed and your stereotypical views make me sick! You OBVIOUSLY have NO IDEA WTF you are talking about!

The dog was bred to be strong! Just because they are capable of doing harm, hence the reason they are the choice of dog for fighting, does NOT mean that they are all like that! It has EVERYTHING to do with how they are raised. All breeds are capable of attacking someone, and they DO! The only difference is that a pitbull doesn't $h1t itself as easily as they are very brave dogs, but now suddenly you saying that ALL pitbulls are mental and will attack their owners?!?!?! I've grown up with them, and they were raised and socialized properly and i have NEVER had an incident with any of my Pitties!

Thats like saying black/white/ coloured (take ur pick) people are all thieves in SA because you once heard a story of a black/ white/ couloured person robbing someone. How can you make such a statement???

I am truely sorry for the man who died and his family and hope that they can overcome this. I do also agree that the dog NEEDED to be shot. This particular dog was NOT trained properly and i am willing to put money on it that this dog just lived outside and was left to do its own thing as opposed to being a family dog or being trained or socialized as a pup. But what pisses me off like you wont believe is the arseholes who know nothing about pitbulls other than the stereotypical "stories" and then actually use that to blame the dog cos it's a pitbull!

TheHiveMind

Banned
Wow, they just watched this guy get murdered by a dog. Contemporary society is really engineering lady boys.

F

Fudzy

Would be interesting to see what dog breed is the most aggressive vs which causes the most fatalities.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Would be interesting to see what dog breed is the most aggressive vs which causes the most fatalities.
There was a register kept for dog bites.
The two two dogs that bite are 1. dachshund/sausage dogs and then 2. Jack Russels.

Way further down the list were your pitbulls,staffies and bull terriers. The main difference is that when one of those powerful breeds bite then its a different story.
My staffie has been trained,raised and socialized properly since the day we got her. I can honestly say she will never do anything like that, I have seen aggressive dogs on the beach chewing on her leg while she looks at me wanting to know what to do about it.

Mars

Honorary Master
Honestly... Just STFU because i find that insulting to the pitbull breed and your stereotypical views make me sick! You OBVIOUSLY have NO IDEA WTF you are talking about!

The dog was bred to be strong! Just because they are capable of doing harm, hence the reason they are the choice of dog for fighting, does NOT mean that they are all like that! It has EVERYTHING to do with how they are raised. All breeds are capable of attacking someone, and they DO! The only difference is that a pitbull doesn't $h1t itself as easily as they are very brave dogs, but now suddenly you saying that ALL pitbulls are mental and will attack their owners?!?!?! I've grown up with them, and they were raised and socialized properly and i have NEVER had an incident with any of my Pitties!

Thats like saying black/white/ coloured (take ur pick) people are all thieves in SA because you once heard a story of a black/ white/ couloured person robbing someone. How can you make such a statement???

I am truely sorry for the man who died and his family and hope that they can overcome this. I do also agree that the dog NEEDED to be shot. This particular dog was NOT trained properly and i am willing to put money on it that this dog just lived outside and was left to do its own thing as opposed to being a family dog or being trained or socialized as a pup. But what pisses me off like you wont believe is the arseholes who know nothing about pitbulls other than the stereotypical "stories" and then actually use that to blame the dog cos it's a pitbull!
Bred to be strong huh?

In fact I do know what I am talking about. You should look at what the dog is without wetting your panties. Do a little research on your own instead of blindly going on the attack because of your beloved pet.

Inbreeding is the problem here. They were bred as fighting dogs, they where bred to be vicious. They where never bred to be pets. In no way am I insulting the dogs. They are what they are. They are what they where bred to be.
Its people like YOU who try and make these fighting animals fuzzy little pets that cause problems like the one here. I also never said that ALL pitbuls are mental and will attack their owners. Aggressive is not the issue. Once that switch flips THEN the dog goes mental and instead of biting and letting go it kills.
The animals are dangerous. I'm not saying theyre not loving, I'm not saying theyre not brave. I'm saying theyre dangerous.

Read through this link. It will educate you and make you a better person. Its not some emotional drivel like "My fluffy would NEVER bite ANYONE!"

carstensdj

Expert Member
Bred to be strong huh?

In fact I do know what I am talking about. You should look at what the dog is without wetting your panties. Do a little research on your own instead of blindly going on the attack because of your beloved pet.

Inbreeding is the problem here. They were bred as fighting dogs, they where bred to be vicious. They where never bred to be pets. In no way am I insulting the dogs. They are what they are. They are what they where bred to be.
Its people like YOU who try and make these fighting animals fuzzy little pets that cause problems like the one here. I also never said that ALL pitbuls are mental and will attack their owners. Aggressive is not the issue. Once that switch flips THEN the dog goes mental and instead of biting and letting go it kills.
The animals are dangerous. I'm not saying theyre not loving, I'm not saying theyre not brave. I'm saying theyre dangerous.

Read through this link. It will educate you and make you a better person. Its not some emotional drivel like "My fluffy would NEVER bite ANYONE!"
OMFG are you serious?!?!?!?!?! Dont tell me to go do my research when you CLEARLY havent done yours! an NO, you DONT know WTF you are talking about!!!

FACT:
The Pitbull was bred to stay at home with the kids and caretakers to protect them while the men were out hunting. The reason they did this is because the dog was one of the most loyal and caring breeds while having the strength to fend off predators. These dogs were originally used to be around kids.

So take your made up views and utter BS and spill it on someone else cos i can assure you i know more than enough about this topic!

Mars

Honorary Master
OMFG are you serious?!?!?!?!?! Dont tell me to go do my research when you CLEARLY havent done yours! an NO, you DONT know WTF you are talking about!!!

FACT:
The Pitbull was bred to stay at home with the kids and caretakers to protect them while the men were out hunting. The reason they did this is because the dog was one of the most loyal and caring breeds while having the strength to fend off predators. These dogs were originally used to be around kids.

So take your made up views and utter BS and spill it on someone else cos i can assure you i know more than enough about this topic!
Care to back up your facts?

porchrat

Honorary Master
Dude you realise you have just quoted a source that contains the following piece:

"Myth #7: Pit bulls do not have a locking jaw

Pro-pit bull groups continuously attempt to debunk the pit bull "locking jaw" expression that is often used by the media and the public. A pit bull's jaw may not physically lock, but due to selective breeding for a specific bite style"

This is really really bad writing. If the jaws don't lock then that isn't a fscking myth. Don't pretend that you have suddenly justified your sensationalist bullschit myth claim with some feeble excuse.

Note I am of 2 minds on this.

On one hand I have owned a few bull terriers (never a pitbull) and spent a lot of time in the company of other people's bull terriers. I have never experienced one ever showing aggression to a human being. The ones I had were the worst guard dogs I have ever seen. Plenty of aggression towards other animals (especially towards other dogs), but never towards humans.

On the other hand one cannot deny that vast majority of dog attacks result from these breeds.

carstensdj

Expert Member
Care to back up your facts?
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanpitbull.htm
The American Pit Bull Terrier is a good-natured, amusing, extremely loyal and affectionate family pet, which is good with children and adults.
http://www.badrap.org/breed-history
History in America

Immigrants brought their dogs across the ocean along with their families and prized possessions. They soon became a fixture in a developing nation. In early America, the dogs were valued for much more than their fighting abilities. They were entrusted to protect homesteads from predators and worked as vital helpers on family farms. Homesteaders depended on their abilities to help in hunts and as hog catchers (hence, the common title "catch dogs"). They were constant companions to the young children who were entrusted in their care. Pit bulls earned their place as an important part of the fabric of a developing nation.
Go watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jh2_2z92mw

Please also note that these references are reputable ones, and not some BS opinion of a blogger or Editor

Last edited:

killadoob

Honorary Master
I don't think there are many dogs that can rival a pitbull when it goes bad.

You can kick and shoot it but it will continue trying to kill the object it set out to kill until it dies and that is the problem. Once they switch into that kill mode the only to stop the thing is by killing it.

Very dangerous breed but it is mostly humans that cause it but there is no doubt that the breed is violent and very single minded. You cannot stop it once it attacks, i watch a program on pitbulls and once they get into that kill mode it is game over for the pitbull or the object it is going to maul. Often both end up dead.

carstensdj

Expert Member
I don't think there are many dogs that can rival a pitbull when it goes bad.

You can kick and shoot it but it will continue trying to kill the object it set out to kill until it dies and that is the problem. Once they switch into that kill mode the only to stop the thing is by killing it.

Very dangerous breed but it is mostly humans that cause it but there is no doubt that the breed is violent and very single minded. You cannot stop it once it attacks, i watch a program on pitbulls and once they get into that kill mode it is game over for the pitbull or the object it is going to maul. Often both end up dead.
I do agree with what you say.. BUT... AS mentioned, if the dog is trained properly it WILL listen to you.

The thing with Pitbulls is that they need to be raised in a very specific manner where you (the pack leader) must make it very known to them that YOU are in charge. Any Pitbull that is raised properly WILL listen when you tell it off and will NOT attack unless your or their life is in danger.

As an untrained dog, yes they are dangerous, but as a family pet that is socialized they are AMAZING loyal dogs!

carstensdj

Expert Member
There are more recorded attacks from MULTIPLE other breeds of dog that far surpass the number of pitbull attacks. The difference is that the pitbull, because of it's strength is capable of doing more harm than alot of dogs. Are you guys aware of how many attacks there are from these little "rat" lap dogs? Only difference is that they dont do enough harm to make news headlines, but there are far more recorded attacks from other breeds than what there are from Pitbulls...

ponder

Honorary Master
On one hand I have owned a few bull terriers (never a pitbull) and spent a lot of time in the company of other people's bull terriers. I have never experienced one ever showing aggression to a human being. The ones I had were the worst guard dogs I have ever seen. Plenty of aggression towards other animals (especially towards other dogs), but never towards humans.
I still have scars from one of those dogs. Thing walked up to me wagging it's tail, no growling or any aggressive behaviour and the next moment it just went into attack mode. Same dog later got hold of a child (even though raised with children) and that was worse and the dog was put down. My uncle had two of the fsckers, one day out of the blue they jumped the wall and killed the postman which has been delivering mail there for ages.

I do agree with what you say.. BUT... AS mentioned, if the dog is trained properly it WILL listen to you.
BS. It's a animal and does not always obey and in this case the owner was not around so who is it going to listen to? Police dogs are supposedly very well trained and even they can't always verbally control the dogs, this coming from a dog squad handler & trainer.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
it is NOT the pitbull that is the problem at all. i have a pitbull and the more i tell these morons walking past my gate to stop antagonising my dog the more the ****ers do it.

imagine being on the one side of the fence and someone is taunting you on the other side day in and day out. what the hell is wrong with people.

just yesterday i had a screaming match with this friggin indian dude about his 2 little girls who he collects from the creche next door. every single day he allows them to come to my gate and they stand in front of my gate antagonising my dog. yesterday i had enough and went to him and told him to get his kids away from my gate. he has no right to let his kids stand at my gate like that at all. he had this "don't care" attitude with me telling me that he tells them not to do it. like hell he tells them not to when they do it every single day and my dog goes ape.

this is the type of thing that causes the dog to go nuts when it eventually attacks someone. it may not be the person that has been taunting it all along but the person who is innocent will get it.
The b*tch up the street antogonises the peoples dogs with her pitbull when she takes him for a walk and lets him wander to the gates (even though he is on leash she just follows him). I'm pretty sure she and her dog has something to do with me finding our mortally bitten worshond in the front yard. So it goes both ways.

To everyone:
So whats the solution? Have stringent checks on who can own pitbulls since the pitbull lovers say its bad owners or what? And of course all the owners think they are awesome owners.

And what the hell, was eveyone there female or children or old? I'd have taken the dog on physically. And another good reason to have your pepperspray handy at all times...

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Hot water, spade, knife, pitch fork, there's a lot the onlookers could have done.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
I still have scars from one of those dogs. Thing walked up to me wagging it's tail, no growling or any aggressive behaviour and the next moment it just went into attack mode. Same dog later got hold of a child (even though raised with children) and that was worse and the dog was put down. My uncle had two of the fsckers, one day out of the blue they jumped the wall and killed the postman which has been delivering mail there for ages.

BS. It's a animal and does not always obey and in this case the owner was not around so who is it going to listen to? Police dogs are supposedly very well trained and even they can't always verbally control the dogs, this coming from a dog squad handler & trainer.
Wagging a tail has nothing to do with the state of a dog, many wag their tails when they are going to attack(particularly with bull terriers)
I have to ask where you were when you were bitten and where the dogs owner was. i.e was it in public or in someone's garden?

Anyone ever watch the dog whisperer? ever see his dogs daddy and junior?
If you have watched it then you will notice his thing for pitbulls and trying to change the perception of them.
Soz Ponder im not directing the pitbull stuff at you, im just too lazy to post again :p

spiderz

Honorary Master
it is NOT the pitbull that is the problem at all. i have a pitbull and the more i tell these morons walking past my gate to stop antagonising my dog the more the ****ers do it.

imagine being on the one side of the fence and someone is taunting you on the other side day in and day out. what the hell is wrong with people.

just yesterday i had a screaming match with this friggin indian dude about his 2 little girls who he collects from the creche next door. every single day he allows them to come to my gate and they stand in front of my gate antagonising my dog. yesterday i had enough and went to him and told him to get his kids away from my gate. he has no right to let his kids stand at my gate like that at all. he had this "don't care" attitude with me telling me that he tells them not to do it. like hell he tells them not to when they do it every single day and my dog goes ape.

this is the type of thing that causes the dog to go nuts when it eventually attacks someone. it may not be the person that has been taunting it all along but the person who is innocent will get it.
Put a sprinkler on the gate that waters the passersby :twisted: