Pitbull's owner says dog 'a harmless family pet' after attack on teen

gamer16

Expert Member
Fair yes, but it also happens when children with friends tease dogs . This could also get a attack from a dog.
I was one of those kids until I got bitten luckily it was only a nibble and never did that again.
People used to taunt our dog by running next to the fence, throwing sticks and rocks really pissing the dog off. So one day I opened the gate, they never did so again, in fact never saw them even walk past.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Nope, even a fox terrier will go ballistic if it senses a family member is being attacked, most if not all dog breeds will do this.
Do we have any articles of smaller breeds like fox terriers or bassets mauling small children?

(Can't google now)

ponder

Honorary Master
Do we have any articles of smaller breeds like fox terriers or bassets mauling small children?

(Can't google now)
That's not what my response was about. They'll bite but they don't have the means to do as much damage as a larger dog.

jack_spratt

Expert Member
People used to taunt our dog by running next to the fence, throwing sticks and rocks really pissing the dog off. So one day I opened the gate, they never did so again, in fact never saw them even walk past.

Yes, but your dog is not allowed to kill and physically attack people.....

This chap does not have a defence.

gamer16

Expert Member
Yes, but your dog is not allowed to kill and physically attack people.....

This chap does not have a defence.
Yeah I agree, I called the dog back just as he caught up to them so no one got injured, just a proper scare.

EDIT: I did get a stern warning a few weeks after from the mine security but once they heard the story they had no issues