Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
And did the dough ever make it to this oven?
Oh yeah - tried a new sauce recipe last night and it turned out to be pretty damn good. The nice thing about the weber is it gets nice and hot - in the region of 300° - and doesn't take long to get there.

Unfortunately the photo wasn't up to scratch .

IMG_20180622_193907609_LL-699x506.jpg

adamr

Executive Member
Oh yeah - tried a new sauce recipe last night and it turned out to be pretty damn good. The nice thing about the weber is it gets nice and hot - in the region of 300° - and doesn't take long to get there.

Unfortunately the photo wasn't up to scratch .

View attachment 531115
That looks tasty. I'm hungry again

Was last night at Casa Bella again. Damn pizzas are top notch ... Forgot to snap

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
That looks tasty. I'm hungry again

Was last night at Casa Bella again. Damn pizzas are top notch ... Forgot to snap
Thanks - I've got the dough and sauce pretty much locked down.

The next obvious step is to buy a buffalo...

APoc184

Honorary Master
Feeling sorry for myself, seeing as I am banned from exercising for the next week and until I've finished a cabinet full of medicine courses.
So I am chucking the diet out the window too.

Kids and wife have been nagging for pizza for a while now so who in Pretoria makes the best thin crust pizza?

AndyC

Feeling sorry for myself, seeing as I am banned from exercising for the next week and until I've finished a cabinet full of medicine courses.
So I am chucking the diet out the window too.

Kids and wife have been nagging for pizza for a while now so who in Pretoria makes the best thin crust pizza?
Toni's Rietfontein

676 Chamberlain Street, Pretoria, 0084, South Africa

Cell: 082 352 1158
E-mail:rietfontein@tonipizza.co.za

APoc184

Honorary Master
Toni's Rietfontein

676 Chamberlain Street, Pretoria, 0084, South Africa

Cell: 082 352 1158
E-mail:rietfontein@tonipizza.co.za
this place has the best pizza I ever tasted in south Africa.
Ah thanks. I do remember they had a branch closer to us here in Menlopark long ago. Had some pasta there before which was pretty good.

Might have to plan pizza for another night as this is completely on the other side of Pretoria for us.

qscwbt

Expert Member
Ah thanks. I do remember they had a branch closer to us here in Menlopark long ago. Had some pasta there before which was pretty good.

Might have to plan pizza for another night as this is completely on the other side of Pretoria for us.
There is one menlyn side

APoc184

Honorary Master
its still listed on the website
Just phoned and confirmed.

They are not Toni's anymore. Same owner but it is now Modern Italian Kitchen. http://www.modernitalian.co.za/index.php

Much more than just pizza and pasta now. Burgers, steaks and much more now.

According to the manager who answered the phone the pizzas are still just as great.

Might give them a go and report back here.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Gonna test drive them with a small pizza for lunch now thanks to Ubereats.

If they are good I'll spoil the wife and kids later the week. Otherwise drive to the Rietfontein one or find and alternative.