• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

APoc184

Honorary Master
Granted it was presented pretty badly.

But taste-wise it was not bad. Good flavour from the salami and feta and not drenched in oiliness like many other places. If I think about it the crust could have been a bit more crispier to my liking and I would have done more chillies and the garlic was like non-existent.

I think that is always the case with a place that tries to do much on their menu. They do a bunch of average items instead of making a smaller selection of amazing dishes.

APoc184

Honorary Master
I'm not a fan of chicken crust but that looks really good!
Need to stick to my diet again after a 3 week feast on all the forbidden fruit.

I quite like the chicken crust because it makes it extremely easy to hit protein and fat macros especially with my workouts picking up intensity again.

What I've found is to bake at a much higher temp for a shorter time than most recommended recipes. As those tend to be quite dry crusts, especially with using breast meat. High heat, less time means nice golden colour and crispy edges while still moist and tender in the middle.

SukkaFoo

I would have added more bacon, salami and olives.... Anyways, just personal preference. I guess the trick is in the sauce.
I'm going to be honest I'm very much of the less is more school when it comes to Pizza. I find overloading it can make the base soggy in the center. Ironically it's one of my pet peeves with most takeaway Pizza that I find that they go stupid with the amount of toppings.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member

calypso

Expert Member

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Ive been to a few Checkers, and none of them stock Buffalo Ridge. Frankie Fenner also didnt have stock (Woodstock)
C.T. ? maybe try
https://www.capetownmagazine.com/the-real-cheese
217 | Lower Main Road | Observatory

On Sat bought some Bocconcini , Fior Di Latte and Grana Padano from these guys
Puglia Cheese ITAL EMPORIO Leonardo Park, Link road, Parklands Main Road, Parklands
the Fior is R20.50 for about 200 grams, the Grana was R55 for 200 gram