Plans for new Nelson Mandela Bay coalition government

ambroseg1

Executive Member
Political parties (and in this case, the DA) need to learn that politics is like sex. Be careful of the hooker with gonorrhoea you sleep with. It may be good at first until your privates rot away.

schumi

Honorary Master
Trollip's removal as Nelson Mandela Bay mayor heads to court

The dramatic ousting of the DA's Athol Trollip as Nelson Mandela Bay mayor is expected to take centre stage in the Port Elizabeth High Court on Thursday.
On August 31, three days after Trollip was ousted, the party and its coalition partners COPE, the ACDP and the Patriotic Alliance lodged the court application, asking for an urgent review of the decision.
Trollip was removed through a motion of no confidence and his nemesis from the UDM, former deputy mayor Mongameli Bobani was elected mayor, with no DA councillors nor any of its coalition partners present, bar Victor Manyati.
The ANC, EFF and UDM banded together to remove Trollip on the day.
More at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...son-mandela-bay-mayor-heads-to-court-20180913

schumi

Honorary Master

thechamp

Honorary Master
This is clearly not working. They should hold another election. Let the people decide.
I wonder what must happen for that to take place, is it National government or provincial who must intervene, who declares that things can no longer continue the way they are?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I wonder what must happen for that to take place, is it National government or provincial who must intervene, who declares that things can no longer continue the way they are?
I would assume it would be a National Government thing more than anything else... but I'm not sure if its catered for in our legal system actually.

The PA are just shooting themselves in the foot in the long term really.... nobody will vote for them again.

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
I would assume it would be a National Government thing more than anything else... but I'm not sure if its catered for in our legal system actually.

The PA are just shooting themselves in the foot in the long term really.... nobody will vote for them again.
They probably got paid well regardless..

samus

Put the metro under administration and then let voters go back to the polls, like in Nquthu and Metsimaholo.