PlayStation 4: SA December launch, price indicated

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
I expected it to be R6500, and expected that I would continue playing PS3 games until the inevitable 3rd revision of the hardware + bug fixes + price drop. I'll have GT6 and GTA5 to keep me going until then.

Same.

I've stopped buying games since using PSN+ this year. At least I can grab the PS4 titles off PSN+ and keep them in my library until I decide to upgrade.

Got so many games on my PS3 that I've still not played.

Honorary Master
So, using that we can have a guess that the xbox one will cost R7500 to R8000?

Crazy.

Priapus

Executive Member
Meh - I won't be getting a PS4 at all - I want an Xbox One. However having said that, I won't buy launch consoles. I will wait for a few months before getting one.

Mainly got GTA5 though - doubt we will see that game on the Xbox 360 / PS3?

Vegeta

Executive Member
At those prices PC gaming must be cheaper! If you already have a quad core PC like most people have a new graphics card(assuming yours is crappy) and maybe some ram will sort you out for this "next gen"
Also you'll save tons on game prices.

Last edited:

Priapus

Executive Member
It's the other way around. GTA5 will be on 360 and PS3, but not on xbone or PS4 yet.

Oh are you serious?

Why would Rockstar not develop for the next big consoles?

Let me go do some Googling... that is just stupid.

Rocket Raccoon

Executive Member
Oh are you serious?

Even Gran Trurismo 6 is just on the PS3 and it releases around the same time as the PS4 launch.

Vegeta

Executive Member
Oh are you serious?

Why develop for the next consoles when they have an install base of exactly 0.... ZERO no one has one.
How many Xbox 360's and PS4's out there? MILLIOOOOOOONS

Why spend crazy money on developing a "next gen" engine for your game if you already have engines that you've used in GTA 4, Max Payne 3 etc. Sunken cost.

Its cheaper, its a better investment, it will make lots of money and it's smart that's way. Tander you would run a company into the ground if you think that's stupid

Priapus

Executive Member
Even Gran Trurismo 6 is just on the PS3 and it releases around the same time as the PS4 launch.

So my Googling skills tell me that Rockstar had no idea the Xbox One or PS4 where being launched this year and that they've been developing this game for a few years now. So that makes a lot more sense then. It also puts them in a good position to make another GTA game with improve graphics and all that for the newer consoles, I guess.

Which means, my trusty 360 will just have to stay with me a little longer.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
my friend bought a pc game recently, my God it's a headache no wonder many people were pissed off at Microsoft

Rocket Raccoon

Executive Member
So my Googling skills tell me that Rockstar had no idea the Xbox One or PS4 where being launched this year and that they've been developing this game for a few years now. So that makes a lot more sense then. It also puts them in a good position to make another GTA game with improve graphics and all that for the newer consoles, I guess.

Which means, my trusty 360 will just have to stay with me a little longer.

I'd say it would be about 3 years before a next-gen GTA is developed. And that's if Rockstar doesn't have any episodic DLC for 5 planned.

Priapus

Executive Member
my friend bought a pc game recently, my God it's a headache no wonder many people were pissed off at Microsoft

LMAO - What has that got to do with this topic?

I'd say it would be about 3 years before a next-gen GTA is developed. And that's if Rockstar doesn't have any episodic DLC for 5 planned.

That sounds plausible to me. The GTA franchise is strong and I also doubt this is the last in the series.

Vegeta

Executive Member
What does "a pc game" have to do with Microsoft?
Why was it a headache?

Seriously

Honorary Master
The PlayStation 4 console will be arriving in South Africa in December, and hopefully in time for a 6 December launch. The expected price is being pegged at R6,299.

How the fsck did they calculate that price? I will rather get one from abroad. :D

Last edited:

Guantanamo

Expert Member
The PS3 was launched in 2006 in SA? If you use average inflation since then of 5,9% and work backwards the PS4 was worth around R3 980 then. I can't remember how much the PS3 launched at but it seems the price of the PS4 has just kept up with inflation + the cost of improved technology. I really want one, going to have to find space for it in my budget next year.

Seriously

Honorary Master
Why develop for the next consoles when they have an install base of exactly 0.... ZERO no one has one.
How many Xbox 360's and PS4's out there? MILLIOOOOOOONS

Why spend crazy money on developing a "next gen" engine for your game if you already have engines that you've used in GTA 4, Max Payne 3 etc. Sunken cost.

Its cheaper, its a better investment, it will make lots of money and it's smart that's way. Tander you would run a company into the ground if you think that's stupid

Well there are more developers currently developing games for the XBone and PS4 than in the lifetime of the PS3/360 together.

Seriously

Honorary Master
/facepalm

You clearly haven't been following this thread have you?

No, but be careful with the facepalms just now you break your nose or cause more brain damage.

Everyone forgot that the Euro vat needs to be deducted before the ZAR vat get added. So at a Europe launch price of 399.00 euro's do the calcs.

PS: BTW

3255235745_537f015c79.jpg

Last edited: