PlayStation 4 SA retail pricing emerges

ProfA

Honorary Master
You need to be a serious gamer to blow R6k+ on a gaming console.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
This is a MyBB article, so shouldn't be blocked (MyGaming is also blocked at my office...).
Oh, sorry. I don't even bother to click the link to an article if its related to gaming because I assume its on mygaming.co.za :D

Nimz

Executive Member
Wait for it to come to CNA/Edgars and buy it on your account - pay it over 3 months interest free

I think....

Archie1

Why is the Sony PS4 500GB + extra controller + free game from Phoneix-Tech priced at R6,599? Does one get something else along with the free game?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Why is the Sony PS4 500GB + extra controller + free game from Phoneix-Tech priced at R6,599? Does one get something else along with the free game?

Yes, a Sony PS4 500GB and an extra controller :p

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
You need to be a serious gamer to blow R6k+ on a gaming console.

As opposed to PC gamers who blow more on a rig, and then proceed to upgrade every couple of years?

R6k might be steep for a console, but if you consider inflation then it's similarly priced to the last generation consoles when they were released.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Yes but they say free game

You pay extra to have a promotional bundle, the extras is Free in this regard… Although nothing is Free... It is like purchasing a 3GB internet bundle but you receive 2GB Free... Marketing (with terms & conditions).

Archie1

You pay extra to have a promotional bundle, the extras is Free in this regard… Although nothing is Free... It is like purchasing a 3GB internet bundle but you receive 2GB Free... Marketing (with terms & conditions).

Hmmm ok. Using your analogy, this is similar to someone advertising as follows:
3GB = R200
3GB + 2GB free = R300

Nimz

Executive Member
Phoenix Tech want the money upfront(i.e with your pre/backorder) - dealbreaker for me