PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X early issues

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist

While the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X have been met with a good reception globally, a small portion of users have reported a number of early issues with the systems.

It may be discouraging for early adopters to drop thousands of rand on a new system only to be disappointed by crashes, OS bugs, and major hardware problems.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
Xbox 360 = Red ring of death (RROD)
Xbox series X = Black smoke of death (I know, fake, but still :p )

mr_norris

Expert Member
I called it!, revised PS5 for the win!!
What exactly did you call? It's mostly software issues by the looks of things:

* Storage bug: Sony will patch
* Download Queue bug: Workaround (you don't need to reset the PS5 - not sure where OP got his info)
* Playing wrong version: There is a workaround, and I'm sure it'll will be patched
* No 1440p support: To my knowledge, this was never part of the offering. I stand corrected though. But they are investigating.
* Less storage than expected: In what world do people expect available storage to be the same as advertised storage?
* Not being able to backup PS5 games: This is lame

To be honest, I have never known Sony to be customer focused here. Usually takes a lot of moaning from users before they change something stupid. So on that front I can agree with you. But otherwise, I don't see any dealbreakers here in terms of hardware issues that a revised console will solve.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
What exactly did you call? It's mostly software issues by the looks of things:

* Storage bug: Sony will patch
* Download Queue bug: Workaround (you don't need to reset the PS5 - not sure where OP got his info)
* Playing wrong version: There is a workaround, and I'm sure it'll will be patched
* No 1440p support: To my knowledge, this was never part of the offering. I stand corrected though. But they are investigating.
* Less storage than expected: In what world do people expect available storage to be the same as advertised storage?
* Not being able to backup PS5 games: This is lame

To be honest, I have never known Sony to be customer focused here. Usually takes a lot of moaning from users before they change something stupid. So on that front I can agree with you. But otherwise, I don't see any dealbreakers here in terms of hardware issues that a revised console will solve.
Oh in the PS5 thread, I said I going to wait for the next version to come then grab one up to hopefully avoid these issues as below, so sony can iron out the kinks etc

SHL

Oh in the PS5 thread, I said I going to wait for the next version to come then grab one up to hopefully avoid these issues as below, so sony can iron out the kinks etc
True. Let all the 'voor' guinea pigs do the dirty work for Sony.

Herr der Verboten

Executive Member

While the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X have been met with a good reception globally, a small portion of users have reported a number of early issues with the systems.

It may be discouraging for early adopters to drop thousands of rand on a new system only to be disappointed by crashes, OS bugs, and major hardware problems.
So windows 10 is better after all :unsure:

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Zuma maths? 825GB - 665GB = more than 300GB?

Takealot had the console advertised as PS5 1TB. So it's not Sony's fault (clearly marked 825GB on the box) but the retailer. Obviously anyone that had been following along knew this but some people may have been surprised by it.

1606321183370.png

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
So no mention of the biggest issue of both systems hard crashing during gameplay?