PlayStation 5 price leaked

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
PlayStation 5 price leaked

Sony's next-generation console, the PlayStation 5, could be arriving in November next year.

This is according to a series of tweets from Sony tech leaker @PSErebus, who said that the upcoming console will be available in "several countries" in the holiday season of 2020, with the US getting a release date of 20 November 2020.

shiverz

Expert Member
Not for me. Always wait for a hardware refresh. More compact design, fewer issues, far more games and doesn't sound like a jet engine.
Don't think there's many guys here who will have the self restraint.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Don't think there's many guys here who will have the self restraint.

Probably helps that I prefer PC gaming. And the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate makes me more likely to buy the next Xbox before the PS5 anyway.

Knyro

PhD in Everything
Not for me. Always wait for a hardware refresh. More compact design, fewer issues, far more games and doesn't sound like a jet engine.

In my case all my playstations still work perfectly, and my PS4 is barely audible.

PS hardware refreshes always look bland too. IMO the original PS2, 3 and 4s look way cooler than their slimmer versions.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
So glad to read a mature thread that doesn't have people having a ps vs xbox war.
I think it might be because some people have more money these days to buy more than one console.
I wonder what Nintendo will do when they decide on a successor to the Switch.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
So glad to read a mature thread that doesn't have people having a ps vs xbox war.
I think it might be because some people have more money these days to buy more than one console.
I wonder what Nintendo will do when they decide on a successor to the Switch.

Definitely a Switch 2.0 IMO. It's done so well for them and is yet another revolutionary move from Nintendo in the video game industry. I would be very surprised if they move away from the Switch design.

Little Mac

Honorary Master
In my case all my playstations still work perfectly, and my PS4 is barely audible.

PS hardware refreshes always look bland too. IMO the original PS2, 3 and 4s look way cooler than their slimmer versions.
My PS 4 got warm and had a noisy fan.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Definitely a Switch 2.0 IMO. It's done so well for them and is yet another revolutionary move from Nintendo in the video game industry. I would be very surprised if they move away from the Switch design.
That's how I feel it too.
We've got a varied selection of consoles already. What I've noticed is the Nintendo consoles tend to have a high resale value.
Not sure about the other manufacturers.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood

I'm more concerned with the size and thermal performance. My first PS4 was one of the revised PS4 Pro models (purchased right before the release of RDR2, in order to play it), and by that stage in the console's life cycle I could lap up a whole bunch of outstanding games on the cheap. I anticipate doing the same thing with the PS5, unless Sony announces something similar to the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

And it's also relevant as to how Sony structures their consoles' interoperability. If the rumours are true that the PS5 is a PS4 Megapro and that PS5 games can be played at lower fidelity on PS4 hardware, then even less need to buy a PS5 timeously.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I'm more concerned with the size and thermal performance. My first PS4 was one of the revised PS4 Pro models (purchased right before the release of RDR2, in order to play it), and by that stage in the console's life cycle I could lap up a whole bunch of outstanding games on the cheap. I anticipate doing the same thing with the PS5, unless Sony announces something similar to the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

And it's also relevant as to how Sony structures their consoles' interoperability. If the rumours are true that the PS5 is a PS4 Megapro and that PS5 games can be played at lower fidelity on PS4 hardware, then even less need to buy a PS5 timeously.
I doubt they will make PS5 games playable on the PS4. If they do, it will be something original.
They are however allowing backward compatibility to the PS5 for PS4 games.

Knyro

PhD in Everything

Don't you enjoy playing new games as they come out though? Especially at maximum hype when all the other gaming geeks are talking about them?

Last edited: