PlayStation 5 price leaked

Little Mac

Honorary Master
Don't you enjoy playing new games as they come out though? Expecially at maximum hype when all the other gaming geeks are talking about them?
....and you're dealing with bugs and downloading 8Gb updates lol

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Don't you enjoy playing new games as they come out though? Especially at maximum hype when all the other gaming geeks are talking about them?

Only if my own hype is at maximum levels, which is seldom the case. And most of the time such games are available on PC, and I'll always buy a multiplatform game on PC.

If you consider the PS4, even the top exclusive games enjoyed pretty modest amounts of hype. Once I had a PS4 Pro and purchased Horizon: Zero Dawn, both Uncharted games, Spider-Man, God of War and The Last of Us Remastered, there was no sense of having missed the hype train. It was just a bunch of good games for super cheap.

Although if I'm honest, the only games of those I was mad about were Horizon and God of War. Didn't finish any of the others. I bought a PS4 to play RDR2 but Horizon was the star of the show for me. It wouldn't bother me to have never played God of War - it's good but nothing I can't live without. Horizon is one of the very best games I've ever played though, and I'd buy a PS5 instantly to play the sequel on day one.

John_Phoenix

Expert Member
Get ready to drop R10,000 on the console alone... And then R1200 per game... And the R1000 on psn plus...

Our PPP is crazy bad.

Welcome to the South of Hell. It's hot, but the pizza is great!

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
I'm more concerned with the size and thermal performance. My first PS4 was one of the revised PS4 Pro models (purchased right before the release of RDR2, in order to play it)

I've heard that RDR2 is best played on an XB 1X.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I've heard that RDR2 is best played on an XB 1X.
Made no sense buying an XB1X for me due to having a gaming PC for multiplatform games and an XB1S for a 4K Blu-ray player and kids gaming machine. Far more sensible to gain access to PS4 exclusives at that point.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
8K TV - that's just ridiculous. Chasing pointless marketing nonsense for sales from dumb people. Give decent 4K performance and nobody will notice the difference.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Think the Playstation and Xbox are going to see increasing competition from the Switch and next gen Switch in coming years.

I'm a PC player and have never owned a console before but I am considering getting a Switch. It is capturing another piece of the market right now but if they up the graphics whilst playing in fixed mode it will it eat up the other consoles market as well.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Think the Playstation and Xbox are going to see increasing competition from the Switch and next gen Switch in coming years.

I'm a PC player and have never owned a console before but I am considering getting a Switch. It is capturing another piece of the market right now but if they up the graphics whilst playing in fixed mode it will it eat up the other consoles market as well.

To my tastes, the Switch feels awful in the hand. It's heavy, the controls feel awkward physically, the display is not particularly good, battery life is horrific and it's just cumbersome in general. I'm really not a fan.

The Switch Lite would have been a guaranteed buy if Nintendo didn't cheap out on the display and not make it so unnecessarily tiny. It should have gone edge to edge vertically at that small size. The recent 'refresh' of the main Switch hardware doesn't really qualify to be regarded as such, given the virtually nonexistent gains and lack of design update. So I'm going to patiently wait until a proper refresh happens.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Don't you enjoy playing new games as they come out though? Especially at maximum hype when all the other gaming geeks are talking about them?

That is nice. But I prefer buying games that are in their best state, after all the patches have been released.
As others have said, the exception is where the games are social experiences, like The Division 2, Diablo 4 and Escape from Tarkov. I can wait a year and play alone, or I can but it a week after release and play with friends.

Pitbull

Verboten
ffs, someone quote the price?

I'm not interested in reading a shyte load of crap. I want the price.

Edit: $499

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
ffs, someone quote the price?

I'm not interested in reading a shyte load of crap. I want the price.

It's right there near the top of the article? $500 supposedly. A good price if it includes a beefy SSD.

noxibox

Honorary Master
I enjoy them when they're cheap. There are far too many games to play them all anyway, so might as well stay behind the curve and save money.

Hype is for suckers.

konfab

Honorary Master
These specifications include a bespoke octa-core AMD Ryzen chipset with a GPU based on AMD’s Radeon Navi architecture, 8K TV support, SSD storage, and 3D audio, with backwards compatibility for PS4 games and PlayStation VR hardware.

Jeezus, can't I just install Ubuntu on the thing and use it for work? :(

ponder

Honorary Master
8K TV - that's just ridiculous. Chasing pointless marketing nonsense for sales from dumb people. Give decent 4K performance and nobody will notice the difference.

They will have that anyway.