PlayStation 5 price leaked

blaaislaai

Executive Member
After import tax and other fees, the landed price will most likely be in the region of $600 - $650, is my guess.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
They will have that anyway.

I'm sceptical about even 4K. An absolute beast of a PC is needed to get good framerates at 4K. I don't get why consoles need to resort to marketing trickery and hugely compromising technical tomfoolery to stay onboard the 4K train. It makes infinitely more sense to crush the visuals and framerate at lower resolutions.

To be fair you did sound like a PS fanboy

No I didn't. I don't even favour PlayStation over Xbox. You read what you wanted to read.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
In my case all my playstations still work perfectly, and my PS4 is barely audible.

PS hardware refreshes always look bland too. IMO the original PS2, 3 and 4s look way cooler than their slimmer versions.

BS, the George Foreman Grill is hideous.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I'm sceptical about even 4K. An absolute beast of a PC is needed to get good framerates at 4K. I don't get why consoles need to resort to marketing trickery and hugely compromising technical tomfoolery to stay onboard the 4K train. It makes infinitely more sense to crush the visuals and framerate at lower resolutions.

Yeah I'd rather prefer they even just make 1080p games which have better graphics engines, textures, physics at 60fps. Right now you get a couple flagship titles that look great on the higher resolutions but the rest of the games still look like a turd, just in higher resolution.

I suppose it's cheap just to bump up the resolution which is why they do it.

Knyro

PhD in Everything
Yeah I'd rather prefer they even just make 1080p games which have better graphics engines, textures, physics at 60fps. Right now you get a couple flagship titles that look great on the higher resolutions but the rest of the games still look like a turd, just in higher resolution.

I suppose it's cheap just to bump up the resolution which is why they do it.

That and better marketing. If your competitor comes out with "8K!!!" blasted all over ads and pasted on the box in big fonts, how you do think the general public will react to your HD console? They wont take any of the stuff you listed into account because 8K is easier to understand and much more marketable. You'll get destroyed in sales.