PlayStation 5 received its first major update, and here are the latest features.

Chris

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator
PlayStation 5 received its first major update, and here are the latest features.

Sony has released its first major update for the PlayStation 5 console, bringing a number of display improvements and support for external backups of PS5 games.

Among the changes, TVs and monitors with a 1080p resolution and 120Hz refresh rate will now be able to output supported games at 120Hz – or 120 frames per second.

Previously this was only possible on select high refresh rate displays with HDMI 2.1 ports.

Last edited:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Lol most of these features came standard day one features for Xbox Series X/S users.
573B5505-EC81-4CCB-A717-2732DC2B4505.gif

Just like you I too get moist for higher refresh rates. Women used to do it for me, but they can't really please me at 120 faps per second like an X-Box can! ;)

I applaud your efforts, keep telling these virgin losers how stupid their PayStations are! LOL!!!

prOd

Expert Member
View attachment 1053917

Just like you I too get moist for higher refresh rates. Women used to do it for me, but they can't really please me at 120 faps per second like an X-Box can! ;)

I applaud your efforts, keep telling these virgin losers how stupid their PayStations are! LOL!!!

wut?

Priapus

Executive Member
View attachment 1053917

I think you need to have the water tested over there in The Netherlands. :ROFL:

SoldierMan

Executive Member
A major feature added in the new update allows users to store, but not play, PS5 games on USB storage drives.

Does anyone know if you will be able to play games from USB drives in the future? Or is that not possible?

SpoonSpatula

By the way, when is the next batch of PS5s due in South Africa? (pre-ordered or not) Have any of the retailers given any sort of indication?

Iwojima

Expert Member
Not PS5 games but that is what the M.2 Slot is for. Don't know when they will activate that or what drives will be approved. So far only Samsung 980 Pro match the specs they where talking about.
Considering the prices that compatible NVME's are likely to cost, the fact that we can now move PS5 games to USB storage and than many have internet fast enough to re-download content in a reasonable timeframe if they really must...I wonder how many people are really going to use the second M.2 slot.

eg2505

Honorary Master
so can the console be flashed to run Linux like the PS4 was?
sure it would make a great mining rig, especially if you got enough of them together.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Considering the prices that compatible NVME's are likely to cost, the fact that we can now move PS5 games to USB storage and than many have internet fast enough to re-download content in a reasonable timeframe if they really must...I wonder how many people are really going to use the second M.2 slot.

Well if I use my Series S that only has like 300 Gb of Internal space as an example. I wont.*

I only focus on 1 or 2 games max at a time and the system is fast enough to move a games across to play. 40 gig takes like 10 minutes to move.

That said, If you someone that jump around a lot or share a console I can see it being a problem.

*Hence me being excited for this update on the PS5

Supersoaker

If you could combine the best of both consoles what would you take from each one?

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
If you could combine the best of both consoles what would you take from each one?

Eish there is a lot I like about both but a quick list would be

Single console access to both GamePass + PlayStation Exclusives @ Xbox game prices.
Xbox Controller external but with PS controller "guts". (DualSense and shock...)
Xbox "box" with PS GUI

Feature I would kill for, crossplay on all games.