Please Call Me “inventor” accepts Vodacom gag order

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Please Call Me “inventor” accepts Vodacom gag order

Please Call Me “inventor” Nkosana Makate and Vodacom have reached an agreement prohibiting the disclosure of any information regarding their settlement negotiations, News24 reported.

Vodacom recently applied for an interdict prohibiting Makate from disclosing information related to the case in the North Gauteng High Court, but both parties reached an agreement over the gag order before the matter was argued.

marine1

Honorary Master
I can just imagine what this was all about.
Pathetic that they have made it a secret

Guess they are like the mafia

milomak

Honorary Master
If he refused R10m earlier, they must have made him a very nice offer now.
i don't think the two are related in so much as regards the settlement amount

save for that i suppose makate doesn't want to jeopardise his position

milomak

Honorary Master
Thought it was exactly about who pitched the idea...
it's about whether he was promised a bonus and whether that was reneged on. and whether the person who allegedly gave the promise had the right to do so.

Swa

Honorary Master
it's about whether he was promised a bonus and whether that was reneged on. and whether the person who allegedly gave the promise had the right to do so.
Under the presumption it was an original idea. Vodacom swindled the public that this was something revolutionary while internationally it has been used for years. Can't then go back and tell people that isn't true.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
He should've taken the 10 mil and ran. Now he'll probably wind up with a pittance, if that much. Greedy pig. 10 mil was an excellent remuneration and nothing to sneeze at. Vodacom certainly him won't pay 10 bil. Anyway, who can spend 10 billion in a lifetime without wasting most of it?

ponder

Honorary Master
He should've taken the 10 mil and ran. Now he'll probably wind up with a pittance, if that much. Greedy pig. 10 mil was an excellent remuneration and nothing to sneeze at. Vodacom certainly him won't pay 10 bil. Anyway, who can spend 10 billion in a lifetime without wasting most of it?
R10mil won't even cover the legal fees.