Please Call Me saga – Makate ready for new court battle

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member

Kenneth Makate has confirmed he is approaching the courts for a judicial review of the compensation offer made to him by Vodacom.

In a column written by Makate, he stated that there have been “disparaging articles” which “cast aspersions on my Please Call Me claim” and he wanted to state the facts on the matter.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Do you want some kleenex for that little cry their Kenneth? Going cheap.. Only 10% of your future claim per tissue...

RedViking

Nord of the South
Poor puppet. He is in prison of politicians. His life is over.

Gordon_R

Executive Member
Who is going to pay for the lawyers in the latest court case? Will they also claim a percentage of the award?

This saga has indeed become tiresome, and there can be no winners on either side. Its like scavengers picking at a carcass (with the smell and flies being an appropriate metaphor).

ekske1

Executive Member

Kenneth Makate has confirmed he is approaching the courts for a judicial review of the compensation offer made to him by Vodacom.

In a column written by Makate, he stated that there have been “disparaging articles” which “cast aspersions on my Please Call Me claim” and he wanted to state the facts on the matter.
DSTV article incoming in 5,4,3,2,1...
Called it. Now its time for more eskom or dstv; perhaps even afrihost advertorial.

Swa

Honorary Master
He added that MTN published its patents for its “interactive voice recognition” Call Me service in May 2001 – long after Vodacom launched the Please Call Me to staff in February 2001.
And the thickens plot.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Who is going to pay for the lawyers in the latest court case? Will they also claim a percentage of the award?

This saga has indeed become tiresome, and there can be no winners on either side. Its like scavengers picking at a carcass (with the smell and flies being an appropriate metaphor).
There is more than enough money on both sides to drag this out for a long time.

Fuzzbox

Expert Member
Greed and bad advice seems to have now ruined his life properly.
Lawyer says "you can win this".
Put 200k on the table.
Money finished.
Lawyer say "So what do you want to do now?"