Please do a MyBroadband speed test on Rain

casperg

I stay in Opperman and I am sure the closest 5G tower is the one in sandgrouse rd : -25.897115, 28.148850
So no 5G tower in Jan Kemp that I am aware of.
The Next closest tower is in the reeds - cnr Jan Ellis & Strydom str and that is round 1.9km from me.

Also have 5 bars 5G signal, and also dismal speed - today even worse than usual - woke up to 18Mbps down and 0.15Mbps up :crying:

I can remember the good old days like mid April - when I was connecting to the Reeds tower and getting 270Mbps .... those were the days :sick:

Looks like the RAIN dried up ... maybe a light drizzle at the moment
Thanks Mike, much appreciated.

Goosfrabba

Did a speedtest this morning at 6:17.

Download: 30.54 Mbps
Upload: 9.35 Mbps
Ping: 34 ms

Download is double anything I've ever gotten

Goosfrabba

This is pretty much identical to mine. Are you on 5G? Premium or Standard?
4G...luxuries of 5G haven't hit my neighbourhood just yet. But by the looks of it, they can keep their 5G product.

I was previously on Rain 4G getting 15Mbps or thereabout. But their connection deteriorated to the point of it being unusable so I cancelled. I've signed up again to test and it seems enough people have cancelled to free up the tower congestion.

Migael69

4G...luxuries of 5G haven't hit my neighbourhood just yet. But by the looks of it, they can keep their 5G product.

I was previously on Rain 4G getting 15Mbps or thereabout. But their connection deteriorated to the point of it being unusable so I cancelled. I've signed up again to test and it seems enough people have cancelled to free up the tower congestion.
You see.. THIS pisses me off beyond anything. I am on 5G Premium with full signal, paying R1000/month, and you are getting better speeds than me on 4G! I average between 15mbps-25mbps down. Bad days nothing over 3mbps and it has NEVER gone over 30mbps.

So.. I would hardly call 5G a 'luxury'
Your 4G seems on par.
Fu*k Rain.

Reactions: old

ab-user

I cancelled. Cannot be bothered with them not being bothered to provide a service.

anon275

What area are you in? Have you logged it with Rain? If so, what did they say?
Northern suburbs. The lady assisting me just responded with settings for my device. After subsequent emails to her, I haven't received a response. Also on Fixed LTE with Afrihost but it's a bit pricey so we're testing Rain. Gonna try and keep the sim in over the weekend. If it's too slow, I'll follow @ab-user example.

koogs

1590147568888.png

I am in Queenburgh, Durban. Pretty much unusable.....so much for working from home!

DrSheu

powermzii

Expert Member
MyBroadband Speedtest
Ping: 18ms
Download: 185.49Mbps
Upload: 22.33Mbps

Garsfontein, PTA