Best i have seen from my side

Attachments

• B145B907-6FBB-4E1F-A79A-752FBAB365CA.png
    B145B907-6FBB-4E1F-A79A-752FBAB365CA.png
    168.3 KB · Views: 42

Convict

I'm on the 5G standard package living in Brakpan
rain.PNG
I have better at times, it has gone as high as 120Mbps download.

MikeTosen

Also noticed a steady decline in speed ...
Might be something to do with the winter promotion and over selling again :cautious:
Companies need to strike a balance between greed and customer care - unfortunately seems like rain is still heavily leaning towards greed :rolleyes:

Dretastic06

Also noticed a steady decline in speed ...
Might be something to do with the winter promotion and over selling again :cautious:
Companies need to strike a balance between greed and customer care - unfortunately seems like rain is still heavily leaning towards greed :rolleyes:
that is what im afraid of because eventually it will become saturated and 5G premium will probably max out on 100mpbs

Solarion

Honorary Master
Why I'm staying on 4G. Soon the 5G networks will be quite strained I think.

4G has actually gotten much faster for me these past couple months barring when someone on our network isn't smashing torrents or when Gary up the road isn't running his super ultra top secret Russian spy satellite antenna array, destroying every LTE and DSTV signal in the immediate vicinity.

Ooops did I just say that. You didn't hear a thing. As you were.

MikeTosen

thats nuts what the special is doing, i also think they are throttling speeds
Just for completeness of information, this is RAIN Premium package.
Outdoor CPE, installed outside on a pole by RAIN themselves (I did original install, but rain redid network cable - made no difference, and fine tuned)
Speed couple of weeks ago was over 400 morning and never dropped below 200 in the evenings.

Just look at it this morning :crying:
Signal 6 July 2021.JPG
Speed 6 July 2021.JPG

Verified that it is connected to the right tower, rebooted, signal stats is good.
When I spoke to a rain network guy on Friday - he was impressed with the signal stats - and also commented that the tower I am connected to is only loaded 16%.
Something is horribly wrong, and not sure they know how to solve it :unsure:

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Outdoor CPE, installed outside on a pole by RAIN themselves (I did original install, but rain redid network cable - made no difference, and fine tuned)
Speed couple of weeks ago was over 400 morning and never dropped below 200 in the evenings.

View attachment 1101691
View attachment 1101693

Verified that it is connected to the right tower, rebooted, signal stats is good.
When I spoke to a rain network guy on Friday - he was impressed with the signal stats - and also commented that the tower I am connected to is only loaded 16%.
Hi @MikeTosen

Please note that i will look into the issue.

Dretastic06

View attachment 1101691
View attachment 1101693

i think its a fault with the unit, look in the morning i get close to 300 and evenings when we all streaming and online it goes to about 120 now. I have had it just more than a week with no real issues. I hope they sort you out soon.

runnergunner

My connection is quite stable at the moment but can go up to 300mbps down and 150mbps up during the day. At night it goes up to about 500mbps. I still need to sort out my setup as my Xbox gets a DL of 500mbps most times but my Playstation thats on the same network but connected to another router in switch mode only gets 300mbps.

1625564245650.png

MikeTosen

i think its a fault with the unit, look in the morning i get close to 300 and evenings when we all streaming and online it goes to about 120 now. I have had it just more than a week with no real issues. I hope they sort you out soon.
Don't think its the unit - this is similar to what happened in march 2020 - when, they swopped my unit 2 times - and it still stayed the same, after repositioning multiple times, they tweaked setting on the 2 towers in range and that sorted it.

I recon they doing some sneaky stuff behind the scenes to help with the number of people on the network.
And there is allot of setting done on the towers - power, signal spread, etc, recall from the previous time that they adjusted the power on the 2 towers in my area to get people to rather connect to the other tower - now if this was just a BS story to keep me happy, I don't know, but that is what I was told.

Was contacted earlier for someone to come out and adjust the CPE to rather connect to a different node on the same tower, that sound odd as a tower that is 850m away is a rather small target, and to adjust the CPE to connect to a specific node on that tower I don't know, :cautious:

Awaiting confirmation when they will be coming out, will see what happens.

Dretastic06

Don't think its the unit - this is similar to what happened in march 2020 - when, they swopped my unit 2 times - and it still stayed the same, after repositioning multiple times, they tweaked setting on the 2 towers in range and that sorted it.

I recon they doing some sneaky stuff behind the scenes to help with the number of people on the network.
And there is allot of setting done on the towers - power, signal spread, etc, recall from the previous time that they adjusted the power on the 2 towers in my area to get people to rather connect to the other tower - now if this was just a BS story to keep me happy, I don't know, but that is what I was told.

Was contacted earlier for someone to come out and adjust the CPE to rather connect to a different node on the same tower, that sound odd as a tower that is 850m away is a rather small target, and to adjust the CPE to connect to a specific node on that tower I don't know, :cautious:

Awaiting confirmation when they will be coming out, will see what happens.
i really feel for you, i hope you get sorted soon.