Please don't quote the spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ic

White Walker [wearing a MyBroadband Jacket]
Super Moderator
Ok, so apparently reporting **** posts cause work. Won't bother again.
When you publicly quote spam, you become one of the spammer's botnet bitches by re-spam-posting what the spammer originally spammed, that does require extra work for moderators to clean your posts as well as the spammer's post(s).

It's quite simple, you only need to use the Report link [without publicly quoting and re-spam-posting].

saor

Honorary Master
Surely a bit of sarcasm from a mod can't rile you up that much.

biometrics

Honorary Master
When you publicly quote spam, you become one of the spammer's botnet bitches by re-spam-posting what the spammer originally spammed, that does require extra work for moderators to clean your posts as well as the spammer's post(s).

It's quite simple, you only need to use the Report link [without publicly quoting and re-spam-posting].
Won't be a problem again.

Thor

Honorary Master
As a mod on PW... This is a bit of extra work and PW is small, I can only imagine how many reported threads happen per day on a forum of this scale.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Ok, so apparently reporting **** posts cause work. Won't bother again.

RBP'ing a spammer is appreciated, quoting the spammer, including the spam link, is what causes extra work because you're replicating the work of the spammer.

ic

White Walker [wearing a MyBroadband Jacket]
Super Moderator
As bwana mentioned, we really do appreciate forumites using the Report link in spam posts for reporting spam.

The only forumites that I expect to see quoting spam posts are newbies that don't know about the Report link.

Although there are plenty of newbies that incorrectly use the Report link [mostly trying to enter competitions], obviously those have to be ignored.
Won't be a problem again.
Understood.

biometrics

Honorary Master
I didn't create this thread and I can't close it but I can edit the subject and poll, so do go ahead and poll...

Thor

Honorary Master
Poll

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Poll, polled, or polling may refer to:

Contents
Figurative head counts
Agriculture
Arts, entertainment, and media
Mathematics, science, and technology
People
Given name or middle name
Surname
Places
Austria
Germany
Other uses
  • Deed poll, a legal document binding only to a single person or party
  • Poll tax (disambiguation), several related forms of taxation
  • Polling (usually spelled "poleing"), standing up with arms to the sides in unusual public spaces; a variant of planking
  • Polling or pollarding, cutting the upper part of a tree and allowing it to regrow
  • Push poll, an interactive marketing technique designed to appear as an opinion poll
See also

Disambiguation icon This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Poll.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to th
Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.