Please Rate Cool Ideas

Rate Cool Ideas, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 180 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 37 15.2%
  • Average

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 9 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stefan9

Executive Member
Excellent performance. Only issue slight under par TCP international speeds atm, more of frogfoot issue and CI are working on FF to get it fixed.

PbCool's hands on approach puts them above any of the other isps.

Vimalsardar

I have only been with Cool Ideas since the end of July when I went live with fibre at home. They were recommended by a friend and I can see why. I completed an application to sign on as a client at about 09h00 in the morning. By 11h00, I had received a call from Cool Ideas informing me they have despatched my router. Setting up the router took less than 15 minutes and I have never looked back once.

Additionally, a Telkom rep approached me at my local Pick n Pay store to invite me to sign up with them. When they asked what I was paying for fibre, with who and what speed, the lady from Telkom told me she would never be able to beat that price

Eaglemax

Consistently getting low download and upload speeds with cool ideas. I have a 20/10 fibre and only getting the following results.
Ping: 56ms
Download: 4.76 Mbps
Upload: 1.71 Mbps

Speedster

Honorary Master
Consistently getting low download and upload speeds with cool ideas. I have a 20/10 fibre and only getting the following results.
Which fibre provider is this?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Have you logged it, there is a feedback thread for exactly these kinds of issues.

Aidan_B

Cons: Cool Ideas made me feel like an idiot for not switching sooner.

Pros: Everything just works as it's meant to.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I had interference on the cable, so it synced at 100mbps instead of 1gig. So it does make a difference. Thank you for your dismissive opinion.
No you had a faulty cable...
I have 1 gig over cat5e running all over the show in my house, near microwaves, geysers, efergy meters, the works.

Tinuva

The Magician
No you had a faulty cable...
I have 1 gig over cat5e running all over the show in my house, near microwaves, geysers, efergy meters, the works.
Had it on 2 different cat5 cables. They work when testing, as soon as the cable is put into their permanent spot, issues. Cat6 didn't have the same issue.

It's not random, it was very specific.

Also, there isn't really a saving over Cat6, so I don't understand why you guys are so against it. Trying to cut many corners as you can to save a few cents?

Chris Reeler

Their support lines only operate during working hours. Nothing after hours at all.

I also have an issue with WAZE on Cool Ideas - for some reason it is "blocked" and struggles to initiate a route. If you turn off the WiFi in the same area and move to 3G/LTE, it immediately plots the route.

Neuk_

Executive Member
I have only been with them for a short while myself but they were really helpful even before I signed up in getting Vumatel to do the physical re-installation of all hardware from the street in to my house.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Their support lines only operate during working hours. Nothing after hours at all.

I also have an issue with WAZE on Cool Ideas - for some reason it is "blocked" and struggles to initiate a route. If you turn off the WiFi in the same area and move to 3G/LTE, it immediately plots the route.
We have after hours support? Do you have a ticket number for me?

BrendanMc

Expert Member
No complaints my side. All round professional service, I get great speeds. Hoping in the future they can offer higher speeds with some decent prices. But really all round great ISP. Best I've been with.

Pixelatedzee

Really been great. The only issue I have had has been on SADV side, during that period I got constant feedback from Coolideas.

blunt

Expert Member
Good for me so far, only reason not excellent is the peering with enetworks in CPT still routes certain things via JHB (eg: telkom not via ixp.capetown but via ixp.joburg)

zx14

Cool Ideas has been great, within the confines of TTConnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.