Please Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 104 17.9%
  • Good

Votes: 222 38.1%
  • Fair

Votes: 111 19.1%
  • Poor

Votes: 55 9.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 90 15.5%

• Total voters

Occido

Their service is fine, generally speaking, but I have resorted to a new method of anger management. When service is down I usually try to construct the most profanity loaded Latin sentence I'm able to and then post that to hello peter. When this no longer does anything for me I resort to search for every negative tweet posted in the last 24 hours about Telkom and retweet it to blow off some steam. We are very much like a divorced couple, as long as we hear from each other enough we should be fine, but unfortunately, Telkom gets custody of the kids each time we have a spat. Oh and good luck to anyone who wants to cancel their contract

Magorof

What I like about Telkom is that their price plan is affordable. First thing they need to do is to place/install more network tower allover the country especially rural areas and improve customer sarvice

rustymh

Just switched to telkom for mobile option and possibly netflix viewing. I think telkom best value for money with their freeme packages at the moment.

Riaanwen

Have had an absolute great experience mobile side, but landline is a pain.

Shadowchaser1

They seriously suck in customer service. Their internet is sometimes very slow. Fibre is is a dream where I live. If anybody else provide fibre bye Telkom.

KenESA

I have been a Telkom subscriber since 1981. To date I have always found a Telkom employee who was prepared to go the extra mile whenever I have had a problem. It is mildly ironic that one of the biggest communications companies in South Africa does not provide a telephonic link to their own stores.

Fox1

Executive Member
Telkom ADSL has been good though its disappointing they are switching off copper and pushing people over to LTE which is more expensive with less data. It's also worrying they aren't really rolling out fibre at a rapid pace to keep their footprint in the suburbs.

Tralfamadore

I have not had an issue with their service - ever. On their 40/20 line, easily hit over 1tb/month.

AshR_Durban

Telkom since changing roaming partners has been terrible. constantly loosing signal and dropping speed

fca

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

Telkom is great with prices and products. But customer service - especially with Vumatel fibre deliveries, leaves a lot to desire.

Tector

I have a deep hate towards Telkom for the simple reason I cannot get my ADSL cancelled. Had no problem with them previously but will never never ever ever support them again. I will also never recommend them to anyone. I will discourage anyone who is thinking of joining them to not join them. I have never felt this much hate towards anything or anyone. To tell me my cancellation order is 'stuck' for 3 months is absolute BS. If you ask to have it cancelled by a senior person, it can't be done. I must just wait. Meanwhile DO goes off. If I reverse I get blacklisted. Its blatant theft if you ask me and ICASA should revoke their licence! This has been going on for too long...

elcado

Telkom has become bad over the years ,poor service delivery.Poor communication aswell.Left with very little options when it comes to ADSL

Sidez

In terms of value for money, their Freeme packages are quite reasonable. They have a 'Mo Nice' menu where you can purchase additional data and airtime minutes at a fraction of the usual price.

GavGold

With Telkom the technology works - no complaint there. My fibre connection is reasonably stable and mostly I don't have performance issues anymore - when fibre was 1st installed I did find it over utilised at times.

That said - sometimes, in the evenings, streaming Netflix / Showmax has a glitch.

Where Telkom falls flat on their face is admin / support. For some reason I stopped receiving my bill electronically. Online its available late - just before (or after?) the due date. Trying to change this is impossible. Even trying to correct a billing address is impossible and requires talking to a human

What happens when you have a fault is anyone's guess - thankfully I haven't had to test that aspect

Big_Pun76

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
My last month of my contacts! Mixed emotions, reasonable price for my LTE contract, best value then when I took it, but experienced some poor connection sometimes. No fiber in my area, and not so many affordable services.